Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago on Facebook

Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago on Facebook

I just saw the Twitter link TB posted on Facebook of the Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago. I love it! I can't decide on which Imago to get. Both the Cardinal/Hemp & Navy/Cork are beautiful!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    I just saw the Twitter link TB posted on Facebook of the Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago. I love it! I can't decide on which Imago to get. Both the Cardinal/Hemp & Navy/Cork are beautiful!
    The Hemp texture make the Cardinal/Hemp Imago really distinctive -- I did think about that when I proposed a Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago, but didn't imagine they would offer that option for the dual-fabric flap. However, I really, really like the contrast with the Wasabi interior on the Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago.

moriond

My Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago was just delivered today. I love this bag. Love love love the look of it, the contrast between the navy and the cork fabrics, the bright wasabi interior, everything. I had picked up a Steel/Cork Imago in mid-June, right before they put up the N/C/W Imago for pre-order, and as lovely a bag as that one was, I am so glad I returned it and got the navy instead.

I'm going on a trip in a week, and it's going to be a hard decision between the Imago and the Swift as to which bag gets to go with me.

And in further TB-is-awesome news, I opened the box and a mini Cayenne pouch dropped into my lap! The mini pouches are so cute and precious, thank you so much!
    dorayme likes this.

Hi Cymberleah

Do you mind posting some pics of your Imago?

Thanks in advance!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Ok, but keep in mind that these pictures are taken with my iphone in my dark little corner.

The Navy is actually a bit darker; the camera caught the sheen of the fabric to make it look like a brighter blue. The cork is mostly accurate.

That silly mini pouch wanted in the picture as well.

The color of the wasabi is pretty true to life as there's less of a sheen to the fabric to confuse things.

Pictured with my Swift for comparison, and because it was nearby. This one gets closer to the blue, as well. And obviously, I am a big Navy fan!

Thanks Cymberleah! I have the FOJ pouch & really love the Navy!

Wow, that's handsome! Thanks for posting the pictures, it's interesting to see the blues side by side.

Thanks for posting the pictures, the navy is gorgeous with the cork and wasabi. Good luck with picking the right bag. I have that problem myself from time to time. I can think of worse dilemmas to have than not knowing which awesome bag needs to get attention and love this day.
    Janine likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I can think of worse dilemmas to have than not knowing which awesome bag needs to get attention and love this day.
    Amen to that.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Well, I'm headed to Sock Summit 2011, and the real issue is do I want to take a bag that holds huge amounts of yarn, or do I want to take a slightly smaller bag that might (maybe) help curtail my buying spree? No matter what my bag will be awesome!

The answer is obvious, you need to take both. One for projects and as your purse, one for goodies that need to come home with you. This way you will be prepared for anything! And you won't be denying anybody who hasn't yet had the opportunity to experience the many bags of Bihn. . Win for all!
    Janine likes this.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

While that's good in theory I'm going to be having a bit of a *week* next week. Monday I'm moving back into my parents' place to take care of their pets while they go traveling, Tuesday I'm being treated to a showing of Captain America, Wednesday I'm going to be busy packing for travel to Portland as well as making sure *my* house is in order for my trip, then early (very early, to miss Seattle morning traffic and have time to do a bit of shopping at Stash Tea before I have class) I'm off and away Thursday-Sunday.

Due to factors beyond my control, my place is currently a chaotic mess beyond imagining. So even more than not having time, I'm escaping for a few days into the least-chaotic trip I can possibly manage. I'll have my Tri-Star for clothes and another bag to carry with me while I wander Sock Summit and downtown Portland, and that will be it. I can hardly wait!

... although that's really not a bad suggestion, and perhaps another bag would be useful. No, practical, even. Decisions, decisions.
    dorayme likes this.

They look so nice together. . .

Volunteer Moderator
    @Cymberleah This isn't going to help your decision making, but lately I've taken to including my Little Swift (in Vulcana Hemp) inside the center pocket of my Tri-Star, just because I don't like to be parted from it, and it allows me to carry along yet another Tom Bihn bag that I can take out at my destination. I also stick in a small Shop Bag in my Synapse (the other bag I regularly carry), against eventualities. (You could really take both, as dorayme suggested, if you want.)

I think the new Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi looks awesome (and I'm still waiting for mine to arrive). However, if I were going to Sock Summit 2011, I'd probably opt for the Swift, to easily accommodate any really neat yarn that I find, and also to let my bag bask in the just admiration of so many knitters who would know how to appreciate a great bag for knitting. Just my 2. I used to routinely stick in a Lux (the predecessor to the Swift) in my Aeronaut, whenever I packed it. (Now I go light with an extra Shop bags or two -- as long as I get to take along my Little Swift. And I've mostly been using my Tri-Star, although I still love my Aeronaut.) YMMV.

moriond

Thank you Cymberleah for posting these pictures. I LOVED my steal/cork/wasabi Imago, but had a friend drop by who was headed to Sudan. So i gave it to her. It was a happy/sad parting. Now I'm in the market for another. But with the new combos navy/cork/wasabi, and the Crimson/hemp/steal... what's a girl to do?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0