Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago on Facebook

Since both the navy and the crimson are beautiful fabrics, the real question is do you like the look of the hemp or the cork better? I like the vertical stripe look of the cork fabric and the way it moves your eye when you look at the bag. I think it goes well with the strap/buckle, and I like the way it works against the wave cut of the fabric. I think the basic weave of the hemp loses some of the drama, but that's just my take.

Quote Originally Posted by lacyfinn View Post
    Thank you Cymberleah for posting these pictures. I LOVED my steal/cork/wasabi Imago, but had a friend drop by who was headed to Sudan. So i gave it to her. It was a happy/sad parting. Now I'm in the market for another. But with the new combos navy/cork/wasabi, and the Crimson/hemp/steal... what's a girl to do?
    What a great friend you are to part with your Imago. But it does give you the opportunity to get a new one, and I have to agree that it's a dilemma. The Navy/Cork is a handsome combination, but that Crimson/Hemp is so gorgeous that I have to keep reminding myself that I already have an Imago that I love (Indigo/Plum). But the Crimson keeps calling my name....

I did end up taking both bags on my trip, but primarily used the Imgao. Both the Imago and the Swift carry a good amount of stuff, but I didn't overload myself as much with the Imago as I was leaving the car, and the pocket on the back was great to slip patterns into and not have them get crumpled.

I went to Sock Summit 2011, and there were a few Swifts being carried through the crowd. On the first day I saw a lady carrying a regular swift and a small hemp one, so I jokingly asked her how many she needed. We ended up talking about Seattle and comparing bags for a good ten minutes.

I got to show off my bag a few times over the weekend. One of the vendors recognized the bag and exclaimed how much she liked it to the woman helping her, so I showed it off to her and was known as the "Tom Bihn Ambassador" every time I went back to her booth. It was fun to be known by my bag. =)

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Sounds like you had an awesome time, and I'm glad the Imago was a hit for you and for other's to enjoy and see! As for how many Swifts does one need. . .
    My answer: you can never have too many!!!
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0