Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: cardinal/hemp/steel imago on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by SusanA View Post
    OMG! I love my Plum/Olive/Olive Imago, but the Cardinal/Hemp/Steel - WOW!

Just curious - why no more Cordura Imagos - are they not as popular as the Ballistic?
    I believe Navy, Forest, Cardinal and Steel 1050d ballistic nylon fabrics are custom made for Tom Bihn Inc exclusive use. I also believe that they have to be ordered in quite a large quantity.
    Tom Bihn Inc uses 1050d ballistic nylon for travel bags, we, Tom Bihn Inc customers, have been using the Imago as a travel bag despite it being in the messenger bag section, 1050d ballistic nylon is very tough and made for travel, hence Imagos in 1050d ballistic nylon.

Well... I think.
    Last edited by backpack; 07-12-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    There's going to be a Cardinal/Hemp Imago?! I am doomed. Like you, maverick, I already have one gorgeous Imago, but I'm not at all sure I can resist one in this amazing shade of red. I'll bet these sell out quickly.
    HA! I've never been so happy for not yet owning an Imago!
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanA View Post
    Just curious - why no more Cordura Imagos - are they not as popular as the Ballistic?
    They're popular, but we think the design of the Imago really shines in 1050d ballistic nylon.
    dorayme likes this.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I don't need another bag ... I don't need another bag ... I don't ... aww, damn it.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    They're popular, but we think the design of the Imago really shines in 1050d ballistic nylon.
    I second this, the ballistic fabric gives the bag structure and body that allow it to be more useful in that it doesn't collapse onto itself when it's partially full or hang weirdly. I have had both Cordura and ballist versions of the Imago to compare and this is my humble opinion. I know that others will feel differently, part of this may be because they are wanting the Imago to act like a hobo bag, but that is not the kind of bag I want.
    xeres likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I second this, the ballistic fabric gives the bag structure and body that allow it to be more useful in that it doesn't collapse onto itself when it's partially full or hang weirdly. I have had both Cordura and ballist versions of the Imago to compare and this is my humble opinion. I know that others will feel differently, part of this may be because they are wanting the Imago to act like a hobo bag, but that is not the kind of bag I want.
    I've also had both Cordura and Ballistic versions of the Imago, and although I love the sheen of the ballistic fabric—and I agree that it holds its shape better—the Cordura seems to have a bit more give to it. And since I seem pathologically inclined to stuff my bags to the absolute maximum they can hold, I like that about the Cordura. I guess it never has a chance to collapse on itself because it's never just partially full.

Meanwhile, I'm still sitting here drooling over that gorgeous Cardinal/Hemp Imago. I can hear it calling my name.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Note! This is likely the last time we'll make the Imago in Cordura. If you've been considering a Plum/Olive/Olive, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, or Olive/Cork/Steel Imago, you might want to order soon.

And, for now, the Cork color combination we've made is Navy/Cork/Wasabi.
    Darcy-

Since the Imago will not be offered in the Cordura, will they now be all Ballistic or maybe Ballistic & Cordura?
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Darcy-

Since the Imago will not be offered in the Cordura, will they now be all Ballistic or maybe Ballistic & Cordura?
    We're thinking all ballistic at this point. And, by the way, there's a bunch of new photos of the Imago up.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Navy/Cork/Wasabi looks awesome! I think I'll be placing my order Sunday night instead of tomorrow. I don't like knowing my order is with UPS just sitting there over the weekend & having to wait an extra 2 days
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Navy/Cork/Wasabi looks awesome! I think I'll be placing my order Sunday night instead of tomorrow. I don't like knowing my order is with UPS just sitting there over the weekend & having to wait an extra 2 days
    I know! It's hard knowing what you've waited patiently for is so close physically but days away in time..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0