Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Price increase?

Price increase?

I was just browsing for the PCSB that I mentioned earlier and thought it was $25, but it's listed for $27. I checked a few other bags and they are also selling for more than I remember them being before. When did the prices increase?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

I noticed the price increase as well. The 3D Clear Organizer Cube went from $20 to $22.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    I noticed the price increase as well. The 3D Clear Organizer Cube went from $20 to $22.
    Yeah, it was definitely $20 when I showed my mom the listing for it Monday night. The packing cube prices have risen, as well as the field journal too. So has the clear organizer pouches. I pulled out my most recent voice to check.

If I'm looking at these correct, I'm also seeing bumps in the Id and TriStar? The Synapse is more too. I know I paid $120 for mine and it's now $130. Same goes for the Swift. It's now $90. Why the increases, I wonder?

I'm glad I did my order on Friday! I'd have kicked myself by waiting a week.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

price increases are to be expected what with the rising costs of raw materials etc....a good thing then that i bought all my travel bags before the price increase since i knew this would happen. i know that i won't be traveling for a good while but at least i got my ts, aeronaut and the wf at the cheaper price.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    price increases are to be expected what with the rising costs of raw materials etc....a good thing then that i bought all my travel bags before the price increase since i knew this would happen. i know that i won't be traveling for a good while but at least i got my ts, aeronaut and the wf at the cheaper price.
    I know that the prices aren't static, I've seen prices have increased from reading back forum/blog posts so I knew it would eventually happen. I was just surprised and wondered exactly when it took place. I was also intrigued by how the prices stayed the same on some items, were $1 or $2 for some and then closer to $20 for others. I know that the fabrics have different costs and that also probably influences things. I would think that Dyneema coming from Japan and Cork from Portugal would need to increase because the costs of importing them from so far, but some of the larger Ballistic and Cordura bags also jumped quite a bit.
    I too am glad that I just bought my WF, dh's BB and my Imago when I was in Seattle along with the other smaller items, but there are always 1 or two more on my radar. I wish the increase would have been announced, it may have influenced me to go ahead and order a few more things sooner vs. later. . . and then again, my bag money is short atm, so maybe not.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Darn, the Cafe Bags all went up, too. I shouldn't have procrastinated so long about the SCB I want!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I wish I would've known of the price increase too I had a good order going but I think I'll have re-think my list. I didn't see where the Imago went up in price so maybe I should go ahead & order it now. Although, I wanted to see pics of the Navy/Cork/Wasabi before purchasing it..decisions decisions.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

On the bright side, even with a price increase, if you buy it now it and you'll be happy later. I bought my Aeronaut for $175, now its $240. So I am even more happy with my bag today than I was when I bought it.
    TB in my house - Hunter Aeronaut | Indigo Brain Bag | Black/Steel/Red Ego | Steel/Wasabi ID | Steel/Crimson/Crimson Imago | Crimson/Steel/Steel Imago | Steel/Crimson Large Cafe | Olive Side Effect | Conifer Field Journal | more accessories than I like to admit

Quote Originally Posted by DQBunny View Post
    I'm glad I did my order on Friday! I'd have kicked myself by waiting a week.
    Which is exactly what I'm doing. For several weeks now I've been going back and forth on getting my first TB kit, including an aeronaut and a variety of packing cubes and organizer pouches. Last week I had pretty much decided to order at least the aeronaut and one or two other items but didn't get around to it because of a trip over the weekend and dealing with a puppy who missed her mommy and daddy. Now I'm looking at $275 for the aeronaut with absolute strap and waist belt--I think it would have been just $255 last week, but I could be going crazy--and another however much for the cubes. Eek!

Regarding price increases, it isn't just raw materials that go up, it's other costs of doing business. Benefits for workers continues to get more and more expensive, I know. That may explain why the larger, more labor-intensive bags went up the most.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    Regarding price increases, it isn't just raw materials that go up, it's other costs of doing business. Benefits for workers continues to get more and more expensive, I know. That may explain why the larger, more labor-intensive bags went up the most.
    makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    I was in a process of answering with a lengthy post but Flitcraft summarised what I wanted to say about the cost of doing business quite nicely.

I also just calculated that my 5 year old LCB has cost me 0.015 cents a day to own.

There are people all over the forum, the blog and the flicker site who tell about their 10 or 15 year old bags.

I have to replace my husband shoes every two years, I bought a similar style than his when I was in college, but the shoes were made in France and lasted 10 years.

I still wear made in the U.S Oxford shirts bought 10 years ago. Imported dress shirt for the husband unit, the price of an SCB, lasted less than 10 washes before the buttons were tattered.

If you think shopping channels are better, even their very expensive stuff is imported they just have some celebrity names on it.

The bottom line is: you get what you pay for... very seldom, but with Tom Bihn Inc Crew, you do and... they sing! Because they love what they do and are paid fair wages.

Still Made in USA.com - American-Made Products for Home and Family

ceb
    When prices to a vendor increase they have two choices - raise their prices to the consumer or decrease quality/features to keep the same price point.

While it is possible that the company just wanted to increase profits, I find that unlikely in today's market. I'm glad they didn't compromise quality to hold the price point.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Volunteer Moderator
    Well, talk about bad timing: I decided to put in an additional order last night to show support for these products (and also to get one of the new Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imagos), and just missed out on the "Complimentary Fourth of July Small Organizaer Pouch" offer that appeared today. (Needless to say, with the additional items, this order came to way more than $20.)

moriond

P.S. As luck would have it, I also put in an order for one of the new small ballistic organizer pouches in navy as part of this order.
    Last edited by moriond; 06-30-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: added Postscript

moriond - try customerservice@tombihn.com and ask ... they suggested that to someone on facebook who also ordered yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0