Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Price increase?

@ moriond Like tCook said try contacting customer service, but on TB's blog it looks like they'll include the pouch in your preorder/backorder whenever it ships.

"Place an over $20 order now through Tuesday, July 5th at 12:30pm Pacific Time, put "Fourth of July" in the comments box during checkout, and we'll include a complimentary Fourth of July Small Organizer Pouch in your order. This applies to pre-orders or backorders too: we'll include the Fourth of July Pouch in your order whenever your order ships."
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    @ moriond Like tCook said try contacting customer service, but on TB's blog it looks like they'll include the pouch in your preorder/backorder whenever it ships.
    Thanks tCook and TXGirl, will do. I blush to say that even without including the preorder/backorder items my order is over $20.

moriond
    tCook likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    My gosh, I should have checked my email. About two minutes after my post went up, I got an email from Darcy saying not to worry, she flagged my order as soon as it came in last night. She has eyes everywhere!

Thanks, everyone, and most of all, thanks to the wonderful customer service from Tom Bihn, who will read your mind before you even act!

moriond
    tCook and TXGirl like this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    You guys pretty much said it like it is: rising materials, labor and health care costs. We dragged our feet on raising prices for as long as possible, and this meant we absorbed the increased materials/labor costs for a while. Stuff might continue to get more expense and we may have to raise prices again at some point in the future. We understand that you would like us to announce when we raise prices and we'll take that into consideration next time. Rest assured that we are still at it, endeavoring to build some great bags (in great colors) for your next great adventure.
    Last edited by Darcy; 07-01-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thank you for letting us know Darcy. I think they are worth every penny, I just was surprised when I looked and saw the new prices. BTW, I've been meaning to ask, how's Tom's shoulder doing?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    dorayme: Tom's shoulder is doing much better. He sewed the first Fourth of July Organizer Pouch and has been working on many prototype bags. He's still going to PT hopes to have full use of his shoulder later this Fall.
    Last edited by Darcy; 07-01-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    ncb4 and dorayme like this.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

hello all: been gone out of the country for a while and just catching up. Yes: the price increases have been steady, and I suppose inevitable. I got the Western Flyer (older model) in April 2009 for $160 and now it is $210 which is really a 30% increase in 2 years. That does seem like a lot--although I do realize that both cost of materials and labor has been steadily going up. I had gone home to India and am still in a daze at all the changes there--feels like the US more than anything else. And it is humming and energetic and dynamic!
    I gave away quite a few of my TB stuff: the small and medium cafe bags were a big hit with folks--especially for those taking public transport. Can wear it across shoulder and keep it visible; and I also gave away a Synapse; the packing cube shoulder bag; and assorted pouches! I guess I am going to have to wait to buy anything new....oh well!!

I will see how the Dyneema and other nylon fare in the heat and humidity of Chennai. Over the years, some of the bags have done very well, while others made of cordura nylon with nylon linings have had a host of problems. Cos of the humidity, the nylon tends to gather mold inside (houses are not air conditioned); and/or just peel and come apart. So I will be curious to see how TB fares over there!!

shiva
    ncb4 likes this.

I was just getting ready to order the Field Journal, which for me, was already a stretch at $75, and now it's $80. I too wish there was some sort of heads up for the price increase. UGH! More consternation is settling in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0