Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New! Cache for Apple Wireless Keyboard

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Lightbulb New! Cache for Apple Wireless Keyboard

You asked, we listened, and it's here: Tom has designed a size of Cache specifically to fit the Apple Wireless Keyboard. The Cache for Apple Wireless Keyboard <link> is tapered to follow the wedge shape of the keyboard and provides a snug, secure fit for the keyboard. Its 1/4" (6mm) thick foam padding, with an exterior of Black 4-ply Taslan, is lined with super-soft brushed tricot to cradle your keyboard. No noisy VelcroŽ or zipper; the Cache closes by simply tucking a generous flap into the top opening. $30. Available for pre-order now; ships by mid-July.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    very nice, darcy!!

Schweet! This is a great addition to the line!

This looks perfect. Currently, I carry my keyboard in the original box; I'm all over this sleeve once it is released.

Price is spot-on, too.

Regards,
    Brian

Nice. Now how about a Cache for Kindle!
    TB in my house - Hunter Aeronaut | Indigo Brain Bag | Black/Steel/Red Ego | Steel/Wasabi ID | Steel/Crimson/Crimson Imago | Crimson/Steel/Steel Imago | Steel/Crimson Large Cafe | Olive Side Effect | Conifer Field Journal | more accessories than I like to admit

I love the new Cache for the keyboard. Are you by chance planning a slightly smaller one for the MagicPad? I'd love to be able to have a bag specifically for that. I may just have to order a padded pouch but it would be awesome if there was one especially sized for the MagicPad.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJazzyJ View Post
    I love the new Cache for the keyboard. Are you by chance planning a slightly smaller one for the MagicPad? I'd love to be able to have a bag specifically for that. I may just have to order a padded pouch but it would be awesome if there was one especially sized for the MagicPad.
    We definitely could. Who else would like a Cache for the MagicPad?
    jeffmac likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I would like a Cache for this. I'm presently using the padded pouch for the MacBook Air SuperDrive to hold the Magic TrackPad and a few other items, but it's a bit large, even holding the TrackPad and the LMP Bluetooth Keypad for Apple Wireless Keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I would like a Cache for this. I'm presently using the padded pouch for the MacBook Air SuperDrive to hold the Magic TrackPad and a few other items, but it's a bit large, even holding the TrackPad and the LMP Bluetooth Keypad for Apple Wireless Keyboard.
    Vote counted!

I got my keyboard cache today and love it! Definitely a nice snug fit for the keyboard. Mine will travel in the inner pouch of the Synapse, next to my Kindle. If there's ever a vertical one, I'd replace the horizontal one since I wouldn't have to take the entire cache out. I'm very happy with this, however! I was using an iPad cache to hold the keyboard and Kindle together temporarily, because I thought I'd have an iPad by now (but don't). Thanks for making this cache!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    @Darcy, the Magic TrackPad is small enough that an alternative might be to offer a padded pouch for the Magic TrackPad or similarly sized accessories like the Cropmark LMP Bluetooth Keypad (which can independently be used as a Bluetooth Numberpad for your Mac laptop, but you can also simply use the NumPad -- Wireless Numeric Keypad app on an iPhone or other iOS device.) The advantange is that this size padded pouch would also fit in the Field Journal Notebook, which just barely fits the MacBook Air SuperDrive padded pouch, but won't accommodate the larger medium sized pouch.

moriond
    Darcy likes this.

Darcy - any updates on the release schedule for the Cache for Apple Wireless Keyboard? I'm eagerly awaiting news that they are ready to ship. My keyboard feels naked and is looking forward to its new threads :-)
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

HP Touchpad BT Keyboard

Can anyone tell me if this will fit the HP Touchpad BT Keyboard?

Here is a link to the specs from Amazon:
    Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard (FB344AA#AC3): Electronics

Looks like a pretty close fit.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusPre View Post
    Looks like a pretty close fit.
    It does look like a close fit. I'd recommend ordering the Cache and actually trying it with your HP keyboard. If it fits, great -- and we'll add that information to the Cache for Apple Wireless Keyboard page. If it doesn't fit, email us and we'll send you a return service label for it.

I would love to but shipping to Canada is $30. Any chance someone could try it out at a local Best Buy? I know lots of Touchpad users are looking for something like this and there are very few 3rd party accessories at this time. Would be worth the company's time, I would think, to expand the user base for this item.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0