Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New Forest Green 1050d ballistic nylon

Oh, what a fantastic colour - but I third the suggestion of Forest Green with Solar!

I love and adore my Indigo/Solar Tristar - and would order a Forest Green/Indigo Tristar the instant it's announced.

Audrey

Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    I love and adore my Indigo/Solar Tristar - and would order a Forest Green/Indigo Tristar the instant it's announced.

Audrey

Why get another when you already have one you love and adore? (Not trying to discourage you, just curious.)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Why get another when you already have one you love and adore? (Not trying to discourage you, just curious.)
    when you really like a design, and you really like more than one color, i totally understand wanting the same bag in more than one color. others buy the same shirt or the same pair of shoes in more than one color when they really like them. certainly, we can do the same with a bag we really like!

Forest Green is beautiful, but I have to admit I am a little disappointed. I was really hoping for a yellow color. Something in the vein of the new cardinal, a deep dark yellow.

I am definitely one of those people who buy the same clothes in different colours...
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Cool

I do like the Forest Green color. I am looking forward to seeing it in a WF - while I would love to have the same bag in multiple colors just for the variety of it, my wife (who just doesn't get my bag addiction) would have some difficulties with the idea.

dzd

Smile

I like the Forest (beautiful pic) - and also the recently introduced Cardinal. I like how the new Cardinal and Navy are more subdued versions of the colors they replaced.

I especially hope to see a Forest "Pilot" in the future. And hope to see even more colors in the future!

Also - thanks for all the fresh pics of the new Forest bags. It's so nice to see these gorgeous pictures instead of just having to picture them in my head.
    Last edited by dzd; 06-21-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Me too.

Tom Bihn bags as well!

I knew it was going to be Forest Green! I just didn't want to spoil the surprise for everyone. I saw the comment on TB's Facebook page
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Darcy et al,
    Will the Forest Green eventually be available on the backpacks (such as the Brain Bag) eventually? LOVE that color! Great choice TB!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Glad you guys like Forest! Conifer is darker than and not as saturated as Forest, while Hunter (the green ballistic nylon we had a long time ago) is darker and has more blue in it.

It's unlikely that we will make Forest/Solar bags: after holding the two fabrics up together and much deliberation, we've concluded that these particular shades of green and yellow don't work well together. So far, Forest/Steel and Forest/Ultraviolet are the two Forest color combinations we plan to make.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    I knew it was going to be Forest Green! I just didn't want to spoil the surprise for everyone. I saw the comment on TB's Facebook page
    Thanks, TXGirl.

This photo of pieces of cut fabric that will soon become grab handles on the Tri-Star (posted on June 14th, the day we debuted Cardinal) also gave a hint as to what the next color would be:
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Thanks, TXGirl.

This photo of pieces of cut fabric that will soon become grab handles on the Tri-Star (posted on June 14th, the day we debuted Cardinal) also gave a hint as to what the next color would be:
    LOL..I didn't even notice the swatch next to the Cardinal. I was referring to the post below.

TOM BIHN John: We expect to offer all bags that are made with our ballistic nylon in Black, Steel, Cardinal, Navy, and Forest. Kiwi will be available in some bags, but not all.
    June 17 at 12:40pm Like
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Piper View Post
    Darcy et al,
    Will the Forest Green eventually be available on the backpacks (such as the Brain Bag) eventually? LOVE that color! Great choice TB!
    The Smart Alec backpack will be available in Forest (and Cardinal and Navy) within the next few months. As for the Brain Bag (and Synapse) -- it's currently made with an exterior of 1000d Cordura, not 1050d ballistic nylon, so it's unlikely.

Oooooh, I agree with Maverick, Forest with Iberian (anything...).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0