Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Brain Bag straps question

I just got my brain bag and I'm pretty happy with it, especially when there are so many pockets and neat gadget like stuff (and I like gadgets ).

However, there are a few things I don't understand how to use on the bag, and I would like to utilize the bag to its fullest potential.

1) There's a strap in the middle between the two pockets in the front. Is this the umbrella strap? If so, how do you use it.

2) There's another strap right below that. What is this for and how do you use it?

3) There are clips on both sides of the bag. What are they designed to do?

4) I assume that the front mesh pocket is for a water bottle?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by gear02
    1) There's a strap in the middle between the two pockets in the front. Is this the umbrella strap? If so, how do you use it.

2) There's another strap right below that. What is this for and how do you use it?
    Both of these are for the umbrella. Loosen the two straps and then put the umbrella vertically through the top strap and then the bottom strap. The vertical strap that is attached to the bottom of the bag and around the horizontal strap should prevent the umbrella from falling through. Then just cinch up the straps.
    3) There are clips on both sides of the bag. What are they designed to do?
    If you don't have a lot of stuff in your bag, you can cinch these down so your bag isn't so bulky.
    4) I assume that the front mesh pocket is for a water bottle?
    I've used it for drinks and other small stuff I just needed to put somewhere without opening my bag. I've put my checkbook there a couple times if I need to take it with me, although I normally put it inside one of the pockets.