Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: New Cardinal Red 1050d ballistic nylon

Pouches would be an awesome way to build a tb collection of the various colors. And it would be nice to be able to order them by color.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLin View Post
    Pouches would be an awesome way to build a tb collection of the various colors. And it would be nice to be able to order them by color.
    So far they have the Tom Bihn wallect offered in Ballistic Nylon -- either Kiwi or Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    So far they have the Tom Bihn wallect offered in Ballistic Nylon -- either Kiwi or Steel.
    After doing a search for wallect, I realized you must be referring to the clear wallet. Heh. I had not heard of the former but am also not an authority on all bags bihn.
    Last edited by green; 06-16-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    After doing a search for wallect, I realized you must be referring to the clear wallet. Heh. I had not heard of the former but am also not an authority on all bags bihn.
    Sorry for the spelling errors. You're correct. And the clear wallet is only in Kiwi Dyneema. The Steel is apparently Steel Dyneema. All the wallets were originally issued in Cordura, with a clear front, and ultrasuede dividers. They then added a Navy solid front Cordura wallet offering, which I also have. (The first time I ordered this, they sent me the Clear wallet with Navy Cordura backing fabric, so I just kept this, explained their mistake, and told them to add another Navy wallet to my next shipment, but check that it was the solid fabric front before shipping.) When they introduced the Little Swift in Cacao Ultrasuede, Cork, Vulcana Hemp, and Kiwi Ballistic nylon, they also released clear wallet versions for all the corresponding fabrics. That's the origin of the Kiwi Ballistic Nylon Clear Wallet. Steel Dyneema for the wallet was a later addition. I quite like the Ultrasuede version of the Clear Wallet. HTH.

moriond

So the TB trend IS to go to more drab looking colors? That is a shame. I was really growing fond of the brighter colors that nobody else had.

Quote Originally Posted by LiLin View Post
    You can always request colors in the comments section of your order, and also call customer service and discuss which colors are in stock before you order. So you can use the pouches to both sample new color and build a coordinated collection. But the pouches are not guaranteed to be available so if the color you want isn't available it's not a stocking issue or anything that is at fault.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Yes, indeed! The folks at TB are very nice. I requested specific colors when I placed a recent for organizer pouches in the comments box of the order form. I got the colors I requested. Still, it would be nice to be able to pick colors online. I can understand the challenge if the turnover is fast.

If turnover for one product is that fast, maybe hiring an organizer-only sewer is in order so they can keep them in stock to where people could order the colors they want, or get them made quick if they are out of stock.

Another one hoping desperately for a shade of purple for tomorrow's new color!

And, yes, ordering the Cordura organizer pouches by color would be fantastic for sampling purposes.

Below is my post about pouches as color samplers and how they are made

Pouches as color samplers

Pouches are made from fabric leftover from the bags cutting process.

They were thought up by Tom Bihn Inc Crew because as Darcy often points out: "We don't like waste". (I agree)

When people like Marbenais, Maverick, myself and many others became fans, could not just have only one (like cookies, pastries or ice cream flavors), started to color code stuff to pouches, shov... hem... showed them to people and wanted more, more and more shapes, fabrics and colors....

The Tom Bihn Crew realized they were a success!

The Top-Stitches have been making music ever since

Here is a hint, if you want a particular color, order it the minute you see it available on the Pouches page.

Plan your orders for big things like Bags and main Accessories with Pouches in mind.

Keep a Large, Medium, Small and Mini Pouch link in your Wish List at all time.
    Update your Wish List regularly, and the minute you have the budget for the next order, the Pouches are right there to round up the loot!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Here is a hint, if you want a particular color, order it the minute you see it available on the Pouches page.
    This is a great post! Thank you! One quick question, though: what's the "Pouches page"? I didn't think the clear or Cordura pouch pages had colors listed. Am I looking right past something obvious?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    This is a great post! Thank you! One quick question, though: what's the "Pouches page"? I didn't think the clear or Cordura pouch pages had colors listed. Am I looking right past something obvious?
    Janine, you are right!

I got a little collection of Cordura Organizer Pouches when they first came out. (the page had the same gray column showing color availability as the one in the Clear Organizer Pouches)

My last few orders included (the most useful invention since sliced bread) Clear Organizer Pouches.

The Mini holds electronic smart cards, like the ones used in public transports like the SmartTrip (DC), Orca (Seattle) and many other regions around the world.
    Yay for public transports!

I should have said Organizer Pouches pageS with an s.
    Below are the links.

Dyneema Solid: drop down menu of color and size choices.

Dyneema/nylon Organizer Pouches: TOM BIHN

Clear Organizer Pouches: drop down menu for size choices, color availability on the right side gray column.

Clear Organizer Pouches: TOM BIHN

Cordura Organizer Pouches: drop down menu for size choices, no mention of color availability.

Organizer Pouches by: TOM BIHN

The Cork (Soft, Unique, Gorgeous and Ecofriendly) Organizer Pouch has its own page.

Thanks, @backpack! I totally missed the colors in the grey bar on the right on the Clear Organizer Pouch page.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    How about making small pouches in all the new ballistic colors? I'd love to have such small samples.
    Done! (Click to see our new Ballistic Nylon Organizer Pouches)
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

YAY! This is so exciting!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0