Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Tom Bihn Bag Sightings!

And finally the photo! Strathfield-Gosford train, March 2012. I was so excited to see another TB bag in the wild!!

Name:  Photo0064.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  894.8 KB
    Jenne likes this.

Maybe that was jeffmac. ;-) Oops, nope, his is a Tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Maybe that was jeffmac. ;-) Oops, nope, his is a Tristar.
    LOL! Glad you thought of me though Tavapeak!

Also so glad to find out that I am not the only one madly rubber necking for a TB sighting. I have only had one so far.

I had a great TB sighting upon arriving in DFW from Rio de Janeiro. The man in front of me on the escalator to immigration was carrying a Ristretto. I had my Tristar and Co-Pilot. We swapped TB accolades and did our best to convince each other that the other's bag would make an excellent addition to the TB stable. *At the top of the escalator, we each headed to our respective immigration line.*
    jeffmac likes this.

I STILL haven't seen one in the wild! :-(
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    I STILL haven't seen one in the wild! :-(
    Me either, Jenne. Apparently they don't flock to south Mississippi (except for mine). So sad . . .
    Cocoa/wasabi LCB, black/wasabi MCB & SCB, steel/solar Aeronaut, Absolute Shoulder Strap, 5 packing cubes, olive Clear Organizer Wallet, turquoise & wasabi large clear organizer pouches, plum & black pen/pencil organizer pouches, 5 Clear/Cordura Organizer Pouches (mini & small/assorted colors), azalea 3-D Clear Organizer Cube, lapis blue & iberian Ultrasuede Screen Cloths, solar Travel Tray, 5 key straps (assorted lengths/colors), red/blue Strapeez, red Guardian Dual Function Light

I was in my local Home Depot yesterday picking up some Manly Tools when I saw a Little Gnome of a Man wearing a Cafe Bag while shopping in the same isle I was in?

I did a Triple Take upon the sighting telling myself it was just not possible but alas it was true!
    Chocolate Brown screaming "Man Purse" loud and clear!

"Not that there is anything wrong with that"

Then I saw 'Them" again in the parking lot as I drove away as if to drive home that I was not seeing things?

This makes it pretty certain there will be no Cafe Bag in my future.....Sorry but it is just the truth.

Ed

I've had another sighting. I'm in Baltimore for the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. While checking out a beautiful spinning wheel there it was, a large Cafe Bag. Which came highly reccomended by the owner as being the best bag in the world. It was a sort of green color. I even took pictures, yes instead of stalking I asked permission this time. I'll try, once again, to upload them when I get time. I suspect, as usual, I'll have to call on Katy for assistance.
    Take care,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I'm in Baltimore for the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.
    swoon.... jealous......

(Haven't been in 19 years. Can only IMAGINE how big it is these days.)
    Moose likes this.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Here it is .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    dorayme likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I was at a knitting store with some friends here in Toronto yesterday when these two ladies approached me, having sighted my Side Effect and my Smart Alec and said "you have a Tom Bihn bag!! where did you get them?" I said "from Tom Bihn!" and immediately pulled out my FOT They both had Swifts (one might have had a small swift) and Cafe bags. One of them was from out of town and proudly proclaimed she was traveling with an Aeronaut for 7 weeks and we exchanged our packing tips. I showed them the pictures on my blog and she exclaimed she had been to my blog! and asked me for my picture. She is supposed to send the pictures were took to me and when she does I'll post them here. It was surreal and my friends were puzzled by the whole thing. I felt like a celebrity!
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Peregrina, please post a link to your blog so we can continue to make you feel famous!

She was referring to this post. Today I wrote another one about our upcoming trip (two more sleeps!)
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

I had a sighting in the wild a couple of weeks ago. I was getting some coffee at my company's coffee shop and this guy (a visitor) came up to me and said "You have a Tom Bihn bag! This is the first time I've seen someone else with one." I was wearing my conifer Small Cafe Bag and he had a black Smart Alec. We chatted about Tom Bihn bags for a bit and then went on our separate ways.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Volunteer Moderator
    Cafe bag sighting at a conference in Alaska. Looked like a medium size Cocoa/Wasabi combination (but wasn't close enough to check that interior color was Wasabi; know that Cocoa/Cayenne was also available -- just projecting my love for the Cocoa/Wasabi combination of my Imago!). No opportunity to exchange comments at the time, and I was carrying my Little Swift in Hemp.

moriond

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0