Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Tom Bihn Bag Sightings!

I had a sighting today. I was at the Commonground Fair in Unity Maine. I saw a tag on a bag, it looked familiar but different somehow. I'm pretty sure (99.99%) that is was a VERY old TB bag. It looked sort of like a Syanpse without the side pockets and a flap over the top. It was a plum like color. I was going to talk to the gentleman carrying it but would have had to interupt his conversation. That would be rude so I decided stalking was better. I've sent Katy a photo in hopes she'll be able to put it up for me. I know someone will be able to identify the bag. Oh, and if you were the one carrying the bag, I'm harmless, really.
    Take care,
    Moose
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Katy; 09-28-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I had a sighting today. I was at the Commonground Fair in Unity Maine. I saw a tag on a bag, it looked familiar but different somehow. I'm pretty sure (99.99%) that is was a VERY old TB bag. It looked sort of like a Syanpse without the side pockets and a flap over the top. It was a plum like color. I was going to talk to the gentleman carrying it but would have had to interupt his conversation. That would be rude so I decided stalking was better. I've sent Katy a photo in hopes she'll be able to put it up for me. I know someone will be able to identify the bag. Oh, and if you were the one carrying the bag, I'm harmless, really.
    Take care,
    Moose
    Oops! I put both photos in your other thread . Do you want them here too? I assume that would be easier.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

HI Katy,
    If you have time to move them it'd be great. I'm dying to see if someone can identify the bag. I really appreciate you putting up all the pictures for me.
    Take care,
    Moose

There we go!

I asked Tom for help on this because I was curious . Tom says it is the smaller version of a bag called the Sack of Spuds. It was called the Spud Lite.
    Lani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I asked Tom for help on this because I was curious . Tom says it is the smaller version of a bag called the Sack of Spuds. It was called the Spud Lite.
    Love the wit!

Reminds me of years ago there was a then small paper product company called "Recycled Paper Products". (They had the "Hippo Birdie two Ewes" Boynton cards.) They had a card with a little bird carrying a huge rose and inside the caption read "This Bud's for you." Budweiser Brewing company threatened to sue them for copyright infringement, or something like that, and they had to stop making that card. I thought it was interesting. (Think this was 1982?) Can you sue someone for being witty?
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    HI Katy, thanks so much, I've been dying to know. Did Tom give you and idea of its age? It looks like its been put through its paces and still has quite a lot of life left.
    Moose

That is an awesome bag!

Does TB have a museum of all things TomBihn? At least a sample of every item ever made?

If not, we should start one. Dedicate a corner of TB's factory for display area. Rotate the display by various themes.

I better stop -

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    HI Katy, thanks so much, I've been dying to know. Did Tom give you and idea of its age? It looks like its been put through its paces and still has quite a lot of life left.
    Moose
    Sewn by Tom himself in the mid-to-late-90's .
    Lani likes this.

I can't believe that in my two weeks in Italy (including time at Marco Polo and Charles de Gaulle airports) I didn't see a single Tom Bihn bag other than my own!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    I can't believe that in my two weeks in Italy (including time at Marco Polo and Charles de Gaulle airports) I didn't see a single Tom Bihn bag other than my own!
    I hate when that happens!

My first Tom Bihn sighting in Australia!!!

Hi!

I'm very excited to report my first TB sighting here in Sydney. I happened to catch the Strathfield-Gosford train last week, and I spotted a Crimson/Steel Western Flyer - exactly the same as mine - in the carriage. I was only on the train for two stops and couldn't bring myself to go down to the gentleman to comment on his awesome taste in bags. :-)

-n
    Lani likes this.

About three or four months ago I was waiting on the security line in Costa Rica international airport with my Brain Bag. I was heading to Belize on business. I suddenly heard "nice bag!" I turned around to see a vacationing couple, each one with an Aeronaut, and the woman with a Cafe Bag or Ristretto or similar day bag. (Sorry, don't have them memorized.) They spent two weeks traveling around Costa Rica with their Aeronauts. They were fascinated with the Brain Bag, having not really seen it before.
    Lani likes this.

The bags from TB are that good. I've got 3 of them and recommend them to all my friends. They usually have awesome customer service, in fact, if you call you often get Tom Bihn himself.

About 3 weeks ago I was in Bob Hope Airport in LA, having just left security and walking to my gate when a guy ran up to me and wanted to ask about my Brain Bag and Tri-Star. He had a Super Ego and was super interested in the Tri-Star. We chatted for a few minutes, acting like high and mighty bag snobs, I showed him the 15 or so Bihn accessories that were hiding in my bags, and then he was on his way. I think I either impressed or frightened him.

My first sighting in the wild! I hope it happens more often.
    Last edited by leviathan; 03-29-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: grammar
    Lani and TavaPeak like this.
    http://www.playthisrecord.com

My Tom Bihn arsenal
    Bags: Steel/Solar Aeronaut w/ Absolute Strap | Black/Steel Brain Bag | Black/Cardinal Tri-Star | Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec
    Accessories: Camera I-O, Tripod Quiver, Brain Cell, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Vertical iPad Cache, RFID Blocking Passport Pouch, Kit, Travel Tray, various Organizer Cubes & Pouches

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0