View Poll Results: Navy/Iberian or Navy/Solar?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Navy/Iberian

22 38.60%
  • Navy/Solar

38 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Introducing Navy 1050d ballistic nylon

I hope those combos make it into the regular Ego eventually. Looks great.

Wow! The navy combinations look AMAZING. Must....not......pull.....credit card out.....

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

sooooo excited about this development. the navy is gorgeous!!

Navy/Iberian. I love the Iberian lining in my Aeronaut. Colorful, but not overbright.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Lightbulb

If anyone would like a swatch of the Navy Ballistic Nylon feel free to send me an email at: katy@tombihn.com

I only have 10 so when they're gone, they're gone.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    They both look great, but I think I might be going for Navy/Solar for my net bag.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malamalama View Post
    Hope this isn't off-thread, but I just wanted to say that the photo of the Navy Kit on the blog is outstanding. It really makes the Kit look like a work of art. The color, lighting, texture of the fabric, angle, and bokeh (blurry parts) are fantastic.
    Thank you! I'm glad you like it.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by renegadeot View Post
    I hope those combos make it into the regular Ego eventually. Looks great.
    The Super Ego is available for pre-order in Black/Navy/Cayenne. We'll likely make the Ego available for pre-order in that combination in the next 2-3 months.
    Gabe likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    No western flyer ... :-(
    Not yet! Our Seattle factory just made two batches of Western Flyer, so we won't be making more for a little while. When we do make more Western Flyers, we will make them in Navy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Not yet! Our Seattle factory just made two batches of Western Flyer, so we won't be making more for a little while. When we do make more Western Flyers, we will make them in Navy for sure.
    Oh good! With recent trips where the Tri-Star was bigger than I needed, I've had my eye on a Western Flyer. Having to wait for the Navy will give me time to decide how much I really want one before I'm tempted by its availability.

Katy/Darcy, can you compare some similarities and/or differences between the Navy ballistic nylon and Navy Cordura fabric? I know Tom wrote a thread response comparing ballistic vs. cordura in the past, so I'm not asking about the fabric itself. I have a Synapse in cordura (navy, btw), but am curious on how a Navy ballistic Synapse would compare with a Navy cordura Synapse. Is it only looks, or is it performance as well? Thanks.
    Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

I received one of the navy swatch squares, and I have to say that this fabric is amazing. The highs and lows of the color in the weave looks almost holographic. Any of the ballistic fabrics have more shine than the Cordura, but the navy is incredible. I love this fabric.

dzd
    The Navy looks nice! I hope it's not too late for a swatch (already emailed)!

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    You know what looks good with blue? Apple green.
    I love that combo - almost got a Baggallini in it, but the navy was underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymberleah View Post
    I received one of the navy swatch squares, and I have to say that this fabric is amazing. The highs and lows of the color in the weave looks almost holographic.
    I really like the suppleness, quality, and overall feel of TB ballistic (versus other companies'). I love Kiwi and don't mind Steel for a more neutral look. I welcome Navy as a replacement for Indigo.
    Still looking forward to more future TB ballistic colors (like maybe olive/green, reddish purple, or red-orange/cayenne shades...? )

Looking forward to a picture of a Navy Co-Pilot sometime...!

I would love a Synapse or Brain Bag in this fabric.
    --------------------------------

You know, my black Aeronaut has been on five continents, but I'd really like to get away from black bags. I'd be tempted to buy a Navy one, and give the black one away to my friends.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0