Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Transcontinental?

I'm already sold on the quality of your bags. My roommate's abused her ID bag for a while now with no visible wear. Now it is time for me to get one.

I've just started biking to work (and I'm still wobbly on the bike), so I'm thinking a backpack will leave me more balanced than a shoulder bag (like the Courier). I like what I've seen of the Transcontinental, but I need to see more.

What does the inside look like? The organizer? The back? If it's holding a laptop and files is there still room for a lunch bag? An extra pair of shoes? Does it have one of those nifty key straps?

Thanks for the help.

Smart Alec

Quote Originally Posted by Uisge
    I've just started biking to work (and I'm still wobbly on the bike), so I'm thinking a backpack will leave me more balanced than a shoulder bag (like the Courier). I like what I've seen of the Transcontinental, but I need to see more.

What does the inside look like? The organizer? The back? If it's holding a laptop and files is there still room for a lunch bag? An extra pair of shoes? Does it have one of those nifty key straps?
    I was looking for a new bag earlier this month and ended up with a Kiwi/Black Smart Alec. I took a look at the Transcontinental at a store near me that sells Trager bags as well as checking out the reviews at ebags.com and decided that the pockets and stuff didn't fit my organizational style (it has lots of pockets but they all seemed pretty small). The backpack straps also didn't seem to be nice as I'd like.

The Smart Alec fits my laptop, 1-2 inches of paper, assorted computer junk, TI-82 calculator, and lunch with room left over for a hardback book or a sweater. It also has a key strap inside the lid.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0