Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New Bag Photos

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Ooooo, very nice! Looks like I'm going to have to order a few more to go with the new bunch of cables I ordered off of monoprice.com ^_^

Darcy,

These photos are great! Have you all gone back to using the old clear urethane on organizer pouches? The pouches in these photos seem so much more clear than the pouches I ordered last year.

Brain Bag Change??

The Brain Bag pictured is different. It has a clip in the center of the back. What other changes did you guys make??

Love the Iberian Co-pilot!

Darcy,

Thanks for all the photos! They are so helpful when considering size, color, capacity, etc.
    Alex
    Swift in Olive/Linen, Large Cafe Bag in Olive/Cayenne, Medium Cafe Bag in Navy/Cayenne, Side Effect in Olive, Cache for iPad2 in Black, Ultrasuede Cleaning Cloth, Stuff Sacks in Iberian , Solar and Steel, and pouches, pouches, pouches...

Quote Originally Posted by alex m View Post
    Thanks for all the photos! They are so helpful when considering size, color, capacity, etc.
    I'm glad you like them, because there's a lot more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi
    Love the Iberian Co-pilot!
    Us too, but to make way for new color combinations, this is the only batch of Iberian exterior Co-Pilot that will be made. If you really like it, now is your chance to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by misterN
    Ooooo, very nice! Looks like I'm going to have to order a few more to go with the new bunch of cables I ordered off of monoprice.com ^_^
    Now is a good time to order Organizer Pouches -- we have most of the colors available.

Quote Originally Posted by Kichen$ink
    These photos are great! Have you all gone back to using the old clear urethane on organizer pouches? The pouches in these photos seem so much more clear than the pouches I ordered last year.
    Thanks! We're using a new new kind of clear Urethane -- it is much more like the the "old" clear(er) urethane.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina
    The Brain Bag pictured is different. It has a clip in the center of the back. What other changes did you guys make??
    Just two ways one can use the new clip. More soon!

The bags look great! Hhhm, might need to do some hook attachment surgery on my Brain Bag...

FYI, the picture of the Co-Pilot here: http://www.tombihn.com/blog/node/1746

is linked to the Ristretto: http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0222

Why not get one of each, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Now is a good time to order Organizer Pouches -- we have most of the colors available.
    I'm torn between picking up a few more pouches, picking up a snake charmer, picking up a brain cell, and picking up a Freudian slip. I could just make it easy and do all of the above... but, somewhere in the back of mind is that responsibility thing...

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Darcy, how sticky is the new Urethane. All of my Urethane is the non-sticky and I like it, because I have the Swifts, and pouches. Is the new product clear, a hybrid of he original and the latest slightly cloudy version with properties of both, or are the properties more like the original?
    Can we request either version on our orders?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

I was wondering if the clear Urethane had changed, as I noticed that my recent clear organizer pouches were pretty different from the previous batch - I had even planned on posting a question about it! I never really had sticking problems with the original Urethane - what I didn't like about it was that it was thicker and stiffer. The newest type seems to have the same thinness and flexibility as the less clear type did. It also feels a lot smoother and "cleaner" to me. So far, I like the current type the best of all three!

I'm amused that the pictures demonstrating the Brain Bag's clip feature the exact same water bottle and umbrella that I own! It almost makes me want to get a Brain Bag, but that's out of the question as it would be way too big on me.

We'll work on answering your questions tomorrow!

For now, here's 12 new photos of the Brain Bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    someone's been having entirely too much fun with the camera!
    Darcy likes this.
    -m

Super Moderator
    The Brain Bag hook is genius! With nearly every backback I've owned, the Brain Bag among them (mine, bought used from a coworker, my first Bihn bag, is still going strong), I've found some way to attach a carabiner or two, so do exactly this. This is cleaner and stronger, and avoids stressing a part not designed for that.

timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0