Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Forums Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Let us know what day you'll be here if possible so that we can give you a factory tour!
    We will be there Wed. Sept 12 in the AM. (we arrive way too late on the 11th and overnite in Seattle before driving north)

I noticed how hard the Capcha stuff was getting this week in stuff I did - it took 4 or 5 times to get it right. I figured it was just my reading glasses. I can hardly see the blur of words, because the letters are smashed together.

Volunteer Moderator

Tapatalk features for viewing the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    FYI: we've added Tapatalk functionality to the forums. Let us know how it works for you!
    I've been using Tapatalk to view the forums on my iPad and iPhone since this feature was added, and it's worth mentioning some features of this application for forum viewing on mobile devices:

• This is unquestionably a better way of viewing the forums on a mobile phone. The layout and space usage for reading posts is better than the default vBulletin mobile interface; search and navigation features are buttons that work better with the screen real estate.
    • The killer item for using the Tapatalk app on a small mobile device is the better way that attached pictures are displayed. Not only can you easily switch between viewing the post with image thumbnails and expand the photos to full screen with a tap; you can also scroll through all the attached photos on a given web page of posts in the full screen mode.
    • You can upload pictures directly from your iPhone or iPad camera roll as attachments to your posts. The interface is actually easier to use than the standard web page method of posting uploaded pictures. (I think you're limited to 20 free image uploads a month, unless you decide to buy their photo-sharing extra via in-app purchase ($1.99)
    • Embedded video links are visible. (On my iPad using the web version of the forum pages, they show up as blank spaces on the screen, although I can see the links if I do a quoted reply or search of the forums.) This only occurs if they links to the videos are embedded as movies -- they show up fine if just the html URL is given.

On the iPad I switch between viewing in the Tapatalk app and the standard web page view. The main disadvantage is that I can't run a "Preview" of my posted message before submitting when I use Tapatalk, and also some of the moderation functions are less clearly evident (but that shouldn't affect the experience of other posters). Also, when you use Tapatalk, then return to the regular web page for the forums, all the new posts are marked as "read" -- whether or not you actually read through them in the app.

Just thought I would post this for anyone who might be taking pictures with their iPhone or iPad and wanting to directly upload them! (I think you can also upload photos to the forum with the iCab Mobile web browser app, but Tapatalk should work for many more mobile phone platforms.)

Here's the link to the Tapatalk forum app for iOS devices. There's also a general Tapatalk Forum App web page with links to versions of the app for other devices.

moriond

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0