Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Forums Changes

Quote Originally Posted by spamjam View Post
    My forum reading mode is to go into each forum and click the "read new" button for each thread I want to read.
    I have never noticed a 'read new' button. ??

i would prefer either our own choices of background colour or make this forum run on a black back ground with white letters. that would be righteous.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

^ Nah. I prefer black-and-white. White-on-black is too hard to read.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    If you go to the Forum sub menu and choose new posts, there is a little blue circle button that says read first new post, or something to that effect. It's a pretty small button, but easy to use once you realize it's there.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    It's the one circled in red here:

This is pretty awesome!

Is this bug? When I click a profile, every links on the left, and the tabs are in white color!

I would prefer if the 'new posts' button would show me any new posts I have not read yet. Currently it is set to display new posts since the last time I hit the 'new posts' button. So if I get a list of new posts, click on one to read, then go back to 'new posts', nothing shows up even though I only read a single thread.

Love the new forum peaceful colors, the like button, the easy link making and read the last unread post.

Thank You for your hard work Darcy!

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    On this front, please consider tapatalk.
    May I second this thought? Would love to be able to access forum via Tapatalk...thanks.
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    May I second this thought? Would love to be able to access forum via Tapatalk...thanks.
    Me three.

Hmm, got an error message that I have to write a longer message, so...Happy Friday, everyone!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We're still working on the forum fixes! We haven't forgotten. It's been pretty busy here with all the new colors and designs.

Is it just me, or do you guys find you have to exercise some serious restraint with the Like button? Because I pretty much Like every single post here.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I just wanted to add a comment to this thread that I feel is important. Sometimes I, and others in this forum, like to mention a specific Tom Bihn product or Bihn demo video, or whatever, and we like to enhance the mention of it by making it into a live link to a specific page on the Bihn site or YouTube. With the "old" forum setup, it was easier to see forum posting text that contained a link. There was usually a color to set it off. Now, unless you "mouse over" something that happens to be a link you'll never be able to tell. I do not like that at all.

I just posted a couple of direct links to Bihn products in a forum posting. I had to go to the trouble of underlining the text to set it off. Isn't there some kind of setting the forum moderators can change to make links more visually detectable?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    With the "old" forum setup, it was easier to see forum posting text that contained a link. There was usually a color to set it off. Now, unless you "mouse over" something that happens to be a link you'll never be able to tell. I do not like that at all.
    This has been something we completely agree needed to be fixed (that links should be underlined) but it was much more difficult than you might expect for us to accomplish that. But... we did it, and now you should see all links underlined.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Also: the look and functionality of the forums (and other parts of the website..) will change again over the next couple of months, so stay tuned!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0