Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Forums Changes

I'm liking what I see so far, it will be easier after I navigate around for a few days.
    <del>Where is the blog? I cannot find it anymore </del> ntsh, I found it, but should I have to back out of the forums to do so? Or when things are all said and done will there be a tab to access the blog from the forums?
    Last edited by dorayme; 04-16-2011 at 11:33 PM.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

I like the look of the new forum. Cleaner. Navigation seems easier at the outset. I look forward to exploring it some more.
    KarlJ and Katy like this.

Volunteer Moderator
    hi darcy!

it's exciting to see the new forum software in action!

could we add support for forum runner or another solution that facilitates viewing the forums on mobile devices?
    KarlJ and Katy like this.
    -m

forum

hi darcy and crew:

undertaking to redo websites and forums is ALMOST as herculean a task as moving your factory!!! So I admire you guys for trying to do this. Having been part of several such processes, I know only too well! It is funny how much we think all this happens magically with a click...sigh!
    I am sure it is all going to look fantastic, and be excellent. A mobile app --especially to order and so on--or to upload pictures would be great.

shiva
    KarlJ likes this.

i welcome change and the new posts button is great.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Ooooh, shiny!

Will just take me a little while to get over the shock - but it looks great! I had a mini-mild panic when I had to log in again...what was that password? Always impressed how TB stays on tops of things, and looking forward to getting settled with the new look.

Great changes. As I am contributing on the The Windows Club Forum, I wished to see the changes here too, and finally we have the forum updated to Version 4.0.2. Congratulations.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Sorry that the upgrade caused some of you to be logged out -- I had the same problem. If anyone reading this had trouble recovering their password, please email me: darcy@tombihn.com

I think a mobile version of the forums is a great idea, maverick and Shiva -- let's see what we can do about that.

dorayme: We're fine-tuning the new header over this next week, so you should see the blog link reappear soon.

Note that we are also working on the redesign of our entire website, so the header of the forums will change again once that's completed (later this year.)
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Really nice. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    undertaking to redo websites and forums is ALMOST as herculean a task as moving your factory!!! So I admire you guys for trying to do this. Having been part of several such processes, I know only too well! It is funny how much we think all this happens magically with a click...sigh!
    Oh but Shiva you are so right. I've arm wrestled with setting up a forum on two occasions. Neither was a set-it-and-forget-it endeavor. While it's easy when you know how, as Darcy mentions, the compatibility Gremlins can drive you to drink.

Didn't we have a New Post feature on the other forum? I thought we did, but now I don't remember. Anyway, it's an invaluable feature to help stay current, particularly if you're a part of a busy forum. Also, using subscriptions helps too.

Anyway, kudos all around... it's looking great thus far!

I'm just having to get used to how the forum looks when there is a new post to the threads. It still has that weird quirk where, for example, this thread. I clicked on this thread to see what the new post was. Now if I go back to the main set of forums, it will still say that there is an unread thread in Tom Bihn and Everything Else sub forum. But when I go in that sub forum, this will be marked as read, then when I go back, it will be marked as read on the main page as well. It could just simply have something to do with my browser not pulling a fresh page when I click on the link to go to the main page of the forums---who knows. However I will say that the forums seem nice, at least as of now.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

I really like the new look of the forums. Wish I was able to be there for the retail store being open yesterday.

I like the new forums, too! One of the things I like is the ability to jump to the first unread post in a thread. Glad to hear that the blog link will be back.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Thank you for adding the e-commerce web-site links on the tops of the forum pages.

Looking better.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0