Questions about Smart Alec and Brainbag
Think I've almost plumped for the Smart Alec, Monolith, Snake Charmer and Freudian Slip combo for my soon to be purchased Apple 15" Powerbook. However, as I live in London, England I can't fondle and compare the Smart Alec and the Brain Bag. So I'm relying on you guys to help me make the right choice!
1) Is the base of either of the bags padded? What about the front (is that back?) of the bag (not the bit sitting up against your back - I know they're padded!).
2) What are the capacities of the bags in litres? As a backpacker type, I can relate to these for storage solutions.
3) Will I be able to fit the following in a Smart Alec?:
Monolith, Snake Charmer (containing a mouse, power supply, etc), Freudian Slip, Sweater, small packed lunch and an Apple Keyboard. Plus other trinkets (keys, phone).
4) Will I be liable for a whacking great big customs bill if I have you ship it direct to me in England or should I 'get a U.S. friend to buy it as a gift' if you get my drift.
5) Is the Brain Bag small enough to be accepted as Carry On in Europe (55x40x20cm).
Thanks in advance for any answers other forum members can give.
All the best,
PS. Completely unrelated but I reckon Darcy (and others) might like www.hollowtop.com. It is a wicked site for those interested in backwoods skills, simpler living and D.I.Y home building, without being too ‘Granola’. ;)
Now that you've placed your order ;)
You should consider posting or emailing a response to my survey on the forums! It has a host of questions dealing with issues regarding international purchases which I am using in some research I am conducting for the company.
CLICK HERE to take the questionnare.