Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tom's Shoulder

Super Moderator

Thanks, and Yes -- much better

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    So sorry Timothy. Are you feeling better?

Healing thoughts coming your way.
    I took a bad smack from the ocean, stupidly tried to bodysurf a tall wave in short water. Right now, the pain is mild, and dissipating. I've never been so happy to get ER treatment After 5 weeks, I was well enough to carry 4 bags to the airport (incl. Tri-Star and Aeronaut), trying not to get cocky and therefore regress.

Tom's is a lot harder to get over -- actual surgery, rather than just getting parts yanked back into alignment

timothy

The most important is that you and Tom take the time to heal properly so that you both get back to using those shoulders 100% and don't hurt any longer.

Given Tom's injury I wonder if we will see a new Tom Bihn Absolute Shoulder Sling in Crimson/Steel/Black? With all that time staring at his mending wing I am guessing he has probably redesigned an ultimate support system multiple times in his head. Having gone through four shoulder surgeries myself (way too much baseball), I completely understand what he is going through. Take care and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJazzyJ View Post
    Given Tom's injury I wonder if we will see a new Tom Bihn Absolute Shoulder Sling in Crimson/Steel/Black? With all that time staring at his mending wing I am guessing he has probably redesigned an ultimate support system multiple times in his head. Having gone through four shoulder surgeries myself (way too much baseball), I completely understand what he is going through. Take care and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    No new slings, but Tom has concluded that he will perform his next shoulder surgery himself.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

As an aspiring occupational therapist (if I get into grad school I will be one!) I've been learning a lot about orthopedic surgeons and the crazy things they recommend. If it looks like Tom needs more surgery, I've got a great OT to recommend to visit for a second opinion (she's in Seattle). Surgeons like to cut, but sometimes all the patient needs is some structural integration to get things working again.
    Proud owner of an Aeronaut (indigo), Med. Cafe (steel, indigo), mini organizer (blue), med. organizer (cork), larger organizer (cork). Always thinking about what to get next.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0