Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Posts
    81

    Ristretto for 11" Air Ordered!

    So after much consternation I finally pulled the trigger on an 11" Air (4GB/64GB configuration) and ordered the black Ristretto to go with it. I liked the Imago a lot, but didn't want to wait until May for the color that I wanted. That, combined with the fact that it's very similar to my ID, pushed me to downsize even farther to the Ristretto.

    I'm very excited and hope that the bag and computer will arrive this week! I've also got an email in to Customer Service to see if it's too late to add a Cache to the order as well to protect the Air on those occasions when I choose to carry the ID or (gasp!) some other bag or backpack.

    The excitement of a new computer and TB bag is enough to make Monday almost bearable...
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Posts
    81
    Dang. TB shipped the Ristretto so fast that my email to add a Cache never made it in time... So I ordered a Cache for MacBook Air today and spent an extra couple bucks since it'll ship separately.

    Oh well. Now I'll have TWO deliveries to look forward to!
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

  3. #3
    I work at TOM BIHN Katy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwet
    Posts
    827

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottE22 View Post
    Dang. TB shipped the Ristretto so fast that my email to add a Cache never made it in time... So I ordered a Cache for MacBook Air today and spent an extra couple bucks since it'll ship separately.

    Oh well. Now I'll have TWO deliveries to look forward to!
    Hey Scott!

    I just sqeezed the Air11 Cache into your Ristretto order . It would be silly to pay for shipping twice if they are shipping on the same day!

    I hope this helps!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Greater Boston
    Posts
    137
    Go Katy!!!
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Near Glasgow
    Posts
    51
    I think you will be very happy with the Air 11", it's the best computer I ever had, very light, almost silent, powerful enough for my needs.

    Now, I should stop looking at the Ristrettos... ;-)

  6. #6
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,694
    Love these moments with life's little dramas and happy endings. ScottE22, do you have a good package tracking application? That way you can follow the progress of your MacBook Air and your Tom Bihn order. And just think, now by the time you get around to ordering your Imago, there will be more color choices available in ballistic nylon (guessing which one you would have ordered, since this is the only model that would have matched the delay you reported.)

    moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 03-14-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Added line about upcoming ballistic nylon colors.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Hey Scott!

    I just sqeezed the Air11 Cache into your Ristretto order . It would be silly to pay for shipping twice if they are shipping on the same day!

    I hope this helps!
    Way cool! Thank you so much!!
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Love these moments with life's little dramas and happy endings. ScottE22, do you have a good package tracking application? That way you can follow the progress of your MacBook Air and your Tom Bihn order. And just think, now by the time you get around to ordering your Imago, there will be more color choices available in ballistic nylon (guessing which one you would have ordered, since this is the only model that would have matched the delay you reported.)

    moriond
    The TB order is enroute. If my Air ships today, there is still a chance that they'll both arrive Thursday. How serendipitous. If not, I expect the Air by Friday or Monday so, sadly, the Ristretto may sit empty over the weekend.
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilar View Post
    I think you will be very happy with the Air 11", it's the best computer I ever had, very light, almost silent, powerful enough for my needs.

    Now, I should stop looking at the Ristrettos... ;-)
    I'm super excited to get it. I almost talked myself out of it at the 11th hour and into the 13" Pro. Glad I held with what I really wanted.
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0