Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Introducing the Breve for iPad 2

The new Breve for iPad is a streamlined way to protect and carry your iPad or iPad 2, charger, phone and not much else. Made with an exterior of U.S. 1050d ballistic nylon and an interior of padded open-cell foam laminated to super-soft brushed nylon, the Breve for iPad provides padding and scratch protection for all sides of the iPad. The front of the Breve for iPad features two zippered pockets faced with soft Ultrasuede® to protect your electronics; one pocket is sized to fit your iPhone or other cell phone, while the other fits the iPad charger, earbuds, and our Ultrasuede® Screen Cloth. Made in Seattle. Lifetime Guarantee. Available for pre-order; ships by mid-April. $55.

Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Dang, you guys are fast!
    Looks very nice...Now all I need is an iPad 2 so I can get a breve!

Volunteer Moderator
    hey, no fair, darcy!

i had convinced myself that i wasn't going to get the new ipad. but seeing the breve, it looks like i'm getting the new ipad!

Shouldn't this be able to hold 2 ipads. Considering Breve... a note equivalent to two whole notes... Looks nice!!

ooooo I like this! eta will it be available later in more colors, or is the decision to pretty much keep it Black and Steel forever. . .?
    Last edited by dorayme; 03-02-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: added a question on colors
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Hmm, no splash-proof zippers?

It's gorgeous!

Is there enough room for a keyboard/case combo in with the iPad? I'm thinking of an iPad for work, which would mean getting a keyboard for typing up notes.

Really looks great and I almost ordered it immediately but then I realized I had a couple of questions about the size.

How tight is the iPad compartment? Will I be able to fit an iPad with case in there?

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzporah View Post
    Is there enough room for a keyboard/case combo in with the iPad? I'm thinking of an iPad for work, which would mean getting a keyboard for typing up notes.
    Why are people obsessed with the key pad? I find the on screen version excellent, so much so, that I'd say I prefer it to a 'real' keyboard! If you really want a keyboard, buy the 11" MacBook Air, its much easier to use than balancing an iPad and a keyboard separately and only £130 more!

Eric

I placed my pre-order last night. Just like the song said: "Just one look... that's all it took!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    Why are people obsessed with the key pad?
    Personal preference, I suspect.

More the ability to decontaminate a keyboard but not the actual iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    ooooo I like this! eta will it be available later in more colors, or is the decision to pretty much keep it Black and Steel forever. . .?
    I just checked. It now says Kiwi. Since this is made of ballistic nylon, Kiwi must be one of the new ballistic colors...!!!

Oh. Just, the splash-proof zippers are just zippers turned teeth-on-the-inside. For those with iPads, that would NOT be a good thing. So I can't see splashproof zippers on this without adding more weight and bulk to put in protective padding/lining next to the zipper to prevent scratches on the iPad. At that point you're just back to the 'get a Cache and put it in another bag' thing.
    Last edited by aiethabell; 03-03-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added comment to Just
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzporah View Post
    More the ability to decontaminate a keyboard but not the actual iPad.
    The iPad is wipe clean glass with no cracks and crevices that can be disinfected with an antiseptic wipe; whereas the key pad is plastic and aluminium with gaps and odd shaped surfaces that cannot be cleaned properly, let alone 'decontaminated'.

Eric

I think the preference for a 'real' keyboard may depend on how much typing you do on it. As an academic, I often have the need to create long documents and am used to the tactile feedback I get from a keyboard. For me, typing on the Ipad is fine for short things but is annoying for anything beyond a page or two. YMMV of course.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0