Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Oh. My. Google.

I think you have my dream job.

Well...my first dream job is to write parking tickets. I live in a college neighborhood and the flagrant disregard for posted signs, traffic laws, and common courtesy really get on my nerves. Oh, the stories I could tell. I would love to have each and every offender towed every day.

But my second dream job would be testing new gadgets, especially if it also involved what cases and bags might work with the gadgets. A job like that must come with free chocolate, too. Wow!
    Have you seen the "Parking Wars" tv show!? I can't remember what channel it is on but I'm sure you would love it. It basically follows parking enforcement around while they give tickets, boot cars and get yelled at by people on the streets.

In my dreams there is a Seattle Apartment Complex Parking Enforcement that gives out tickets to people who don't even know how to park correctly in a parking lot. My parking spot in my building is rather small and right against a giant concrete wall, behind my parking spot is a storage shed. The person in the parking spot next to me often parks her car at an angle, making it nearly impossible to get into or out of my spot. Next to her is a lady with a large van that absolutely refuses to pull all the way into her spot so the back half of her car is sticking out. It's pretty comical when I'm pulling into the parking lot and all of the other cars (including vans!) are parked all the way in their spots and then the random van that refuses to make my life easy. Essentially it takes me about 5 minutes every morning to maneuver my way out of my spot. If neither of them are there and I can easily pull out, I'm the happiest person in the world! Please, move to Seattle and take care of my parking woes!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I too feel the need to find a job where I can test out all the newest tech goodies. I swear if I had won that Megamillions the other day I would have bought one of everything Tom Bihn Bag -.-

I must confess that the only reason I have a blog is to be able to do exactly this!

Playing with toys is easy...trying to figure out what makes people read it and then make some money on it is the challenge...

I need to learn how to do this on my blog. . .
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Dorayme...can you post a link to your blog?

Quote Originally Posted by eTHE2 View Post
    Well, I can't speak for the parking ticket job. It seems like it could easily fall into a vindictive job...lol....but oh so sweet at times.
    Hee hee...being vindictive is the whole point! >:-D

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    Dorayme...can you post a link to your blog?
    Ahem, it's rather embarrassing because I've neglected it for years. It was started to share my crafting pursuits and mommy love for my kidlets, but I haven't posted in a very long time.
    I should get back to it. I had a formatting error and never went back and fixed it so I hate the skin on it. . . I will send you a pm with it though since you asked. Maybe you can share some insight into how to become a review blog. I would love to write product reviews. It would be a natural extension of what I love. Shopping and researching the crap out of things.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Have you seen the "Parking Wars" tv show!? I can't remember what channel it is on but I'm sure you would love it. It basically follows parking enforcement around while they give tickets, boot cars and get yelled at by people on the streets.
    Sounds like a train wreck, but oh so funny. I'll have to look it up!

I would love to sort out your parking problem, Katy! I could travel the country, rolling into town on my scooter, clearing out all the parking hoodlums, and then scooting into the sunset to the cheers and waves of the happy, law-abiding, correctly-parking residents.

I looked in my Flickr account for photos of my sweet ride, but there aren't any. I am a bad scooterist! It's a 2005 Vespa GT200 in mint green, if that means anything to you guys. I call it "Minty Fresh." My husband's been exercising it since we got pregnant, and every time I see him zip down the block I feel a little pang of jealousy.

I also have a 2007 Vespa LX150 that was wrecked. Hubby helped me put it back together. It used to be a deep raisin-like reddish purple, and given the amount of squishage it had suffered, we named it "The Prune." Hubby changed its name to "The Banana" after he repaired the body and painted it yellow, but it's still The Prune to me. When he tells me he's riding The Banana, I always have a head-scratching moment when I wonder what he's talking about...and then I remember.

You know, Katy, if you had a scooter, it wouldn't matter how your crazy neighbors parked....

I think The Breve and a matching color scooter would be sooo stylish!

The problem with scooters is that they are open air, so they are much more popular in Italy and all southern Europe and are making their way to sunny urban hip America rather than rainy urban northern Europe or America, which Seattle is part of.

One of the solution for Katy could be a small electric car.

I have been interested in them for 2 decades, ever since I was in an informal meeting of electric cars enthusiasts.
    I got to see many of the cars brands and I am listing my favorites.

http://www.thinkev.com/

Made in Norway, the cutest and most like a regular car but smaller, I have seen them in the U.S. They take half the parking space of regular cars and a third of a mini SUV (Subaru).

http://www.teslamotors.com/models

U.S made with a sporty feel to them.

http://www.myersmotors.com/

Very quiet and streamlined 3 wheeled electric car, just beautiful lines.

New to me

http://www.commutercars.com/

Literally, half the car in one package, made in Spokane

http://www.itiselectric.com/

Dynasty Electric, made in Canada, cute small cars.

Cool east/west oriented bags like the Breve and the Co-Pilot remind me of 60's Italian styling with their cute small cars and scooters.

The small electric cars look like their 60's ancestors, except they have better material and are greener, just like Tom Bihn Inc bags.

Katy, Darcy, please feel free to move the info on electric car in the "not about bag" section, if you wish.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    While I have an iPad (and an iPad2 on the way) will a Xoom fit in this case? Maverick's video indcated iPad 'sized device'.
    Apologies for the late response! Yes, the Xoom will fit in the Breve. Just to be sure, we could send you a sample so you could try the fit yourself. Feel free to email me directly: darcy@tombihn.com
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

To get back on topic ...for a moment... :-) did we determine whether the Breve will work with a Moto Xoom tablet?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    To get back on topic ...for a moment... :-) did we determine whether the Breve will work with a Moto Xoom tablet?
    Yes, the Xoom will fit in the Breve. Just to be sure, we could send you a sample so you could try the fit yourself. Feel free to email me directly: darcy@tombihn.com
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks Darcy. Sorry about the cross-up in comments in the thread above. Amazing what a few minutes will do when I look a the screen to provide a response, get distracted and then come back to finish my thought. I also need some guidance on a Checkpoint Flyer bag fitting. I'll call on that question as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yes, the Xoom will fit in the Breve. Just to be sure, we could send you a sample so you could try the fit yourself. Feel free to email me directly: darcy@tombihn.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0