Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    I think the preference for a 'real' keyboard may depend on how much typing you do on it. As an academic, I often have the need to create long documents and am used to the tactile feedback I get from a keyboard. For me, typing on the Ipad is fine for short things but is annoying for anything beyond a page or two. YMMV of course.
    Thats what I mean. If you need a proper computer, buy a MacBookAir 11", if you want a tablet, buy an iPad.

What are the measurements for the Breve? I'm trying to figure out which of the smaller bags (cafe/swifts) it will fit in.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cromulent View Post
    Really looks great and I almost ordered it immediately but then I realized I had a couple of questions about the size.

How tight is the iPad compartment? Will I be able to fit an iPad with case in there?
    Good question! Tom designed the Breve so that it will fit the iPad with or without a case on it.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Are there any plans for a Breve for MacBook Air, or similar sub-notebook?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzporah View Post
    What are the measurements for the Breve? I'm trying to figure out which of the smaller bags (cafe/swifts) it will fit in.
    The dimensions are:
    13" x 10" / 330 x 255mm

Weight: 10oz or 285gr
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Are there any plans for a Breve for MacBook Air, or similar sub-notebook?
    Yes: we plan to make the Breve in at least two more sizes designed for the 11" Air and 13" Air/MacBook Pro.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yes: we plan to make the Breve in at least two more sizes designed for the 11" Air and 13" Air/MacBook Pro.
    yet again, we need a like button in the forum, darcy!

Volunteer Moderator
    Darcy,

I really like the design of the Breve, but I'd like to know if there are options for connecting to the side rings with other straps? OK, I know that the iPad is really light, and the Breve is an even more minimalist design than the Ristretto for iPad and the Co-Pilot. But, especially if you are planning to make versions for the 11" and 13" MacBook Air, will there be different startp options? I ended up using the Absolute Strap with both the Ristretto for iPad and the Co-Pilot. The o-rings on the Breve look as though they're too small to accommodate this strap, or other customized straps. I've always ended up getting custom straps, except in cases where they weren't available, such as the original release of the Imago. (For later versions, I use the Q-AM Shoulder Strap.) So will there be other strap options? This is the main reason that I use the Ristrettos instead of the Cafe Bags -- except for the Large Cafe bag currently you can only get the standard shoulder strap. The Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap just isn't a good enough alternative IMHO if you're carrying more in your bag.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Darcy,

I really like the design of the Breve, but I'd like to know if there are options for connecting to the side rings with other straps?
    Tom has updated the design of the Breve (already!) to have new shoulder strap attachment points that will accept any of our shoulder straps that have snaphooks, including the Absolute (as seen in maverick's Breve video.) We think, though, most people will be happy with the included shoulder strap.

We've also updated the product photos of the Breve to show the new version.

Pez
    First time poster, I love the look of the breve! Just curious if there's any chance of it being released in cork? I'm a cork fiend! I have 2 mini and one medium organizers in cork and a wallet in cork. A cork breve would be gorgeous! Kiwi is very nice as well.

Like the Breve also

While I have an iPad (and an iPad2 on the way) will a Xoom fit in this case? Maverick's video indcated iPad 'sized device'.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eTHE2 View Post
    While I have an iPad (and an iPad2 on the way) will a Xoom fit in this case? Maverick's video indcated iPad 'sized device'.
    hi eTHE2!

welcome to the forum!

the ipad 2's dimensions are 7.31" x 9.5" x 0.34"

the xoom's dimensions are 6.6" x 9.81" x 0.5"

i can see if i can make something to test with and let you know. darcy, what do you think? will the extra 0.31" of length fit in the breve?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi eTHE2!

welcome to the forum!

the ipad 2's dimensions are 7.31" x 9.5" x 0.34"

the xoom's dimensions are 6.6" x 9.81" x 0.5"

i can see if i can make something to test with and let you know. darcy, what do you think? will the extra 0.31" of length fit in the breve?

thanks!
    Thanks Maverick. I test new devices for a large company and I am always being asked what cases to recommend for company devices.

Quote Originally Posted by eTHE2 View Post
    I test new devices for a large company and I am always being asked what cases to recommend for company devices.
    Oh. My. Google.

I think you have my dream job.

Well...my first dream job is to write parking tickets. I live in a college neighborhood and the flagrant disregard for posted signs, traffic laws, and common courtesy really get on my nerves. Oh, the stories I could tell. I would love to have each and every offender towed every day.

But my second dream job would be testing new gadgets, especially if it also involved what cases and bags might work with the gadgets. A job like that must come with free chocolate, too. Wow!

Well, I can't speak for the parking ticket job. It seems like it could easily fall into a vindictive job...lol....but oh so sweet at times.

The gadget testing can be difficult at times as there are MANY new devices coming out. We attempt to rule out non biz related devices pretty quickly and stick with certain brands of smartphones/tablets. Of course, there is always the new product that surprises me with potential...hence the Xoom. This product looks like it offers ALOT of potential if Motorola, VZW, Google can get some of the early issues sorted out.

As I carry a Ristretto for my original iPad (also not bad for carrying my MacBook Air 11"...sorry I got it before the Ristretto for the MBA was available) or my SuperEgo, I am asked about the Tom Bihn brand and the durability of the product. The SuperEgo is about 4 years old, been around the world with me, and still looks brand new!

I met with Apple last week and their Account Exec had seen pictures of the Tom Bihn product, but had never seen one in person. He wanted my opinions as I walked into the meeting with Ristretto and my MBA 11". He was in awe about the quality, colors and materials.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0