Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Front Compartment on ID

I am, to put it mildly, a klutz. The ID looks cool, but I'm worried that I'm going to accidentally dump the contents of the front compartment on the floor on a fairly regular basis. Any comments from ID owners on this especially in relation to the fun and excitement that is airport security?

I work at Tom Bihn

Cool no worries

I use the ID and I love it. I also tend to be clumsy/sloppy bag user (never closing buckles, clasps or zippers) and as it turns out the ID is perfect for this, because all you have to do is throw the front flap down and viola! your stuff is enclosed. I've never experienced problems with stuff falling out of it, even when the bag is laying on it's side. Not that I don't recommend you be cautious about stuff falling out, because you never know when accidents could happen.

cjr

Re: no worries

Originally posted by Nicole
    viola!
    Not voila?

I'll concur with the rest of Nicole's remarks though. The strap with the big plastic clasp is just tight enough by default to keep everything in the outside compartment. The strap's also adjustable so you could even tighten it.

Cheers,

Chris

I work at Tom Bihn

Hahaha

Actually, yes voila! :P

I'm not really the person you should ask as I always close the buckle on the front flap. But what I can say is that due to the size and ease of use of the buckle with the bag on my back I can easily connect the clasp and close it without even looking. I've even managed it once I seem to remember during a wild dash in the general direction of the bus I had to catch.
    And with the clasp closed everything STAYS PUT, without any doubt.

Cobos
    If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate!

Thanks for the info! Sometimes it's hard to tell these things from the picture.

Cheers,

Amanda