Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Obsession

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    No, it's not Jeffmac down here... sorry, I mean there ... damn, have I given my position away?

Eric

Surfing the forum in the wee hours GMT definitely counts as obsession :-) Did you post that at 3.19am GMT? I can't tell for certain what timezone the forum is set to.

I'm afraid so! I find sleeping for more than a few hours at a time painful, so I get up and wander about, do some work, and post on a couple of forums. People are often surprised to get emails from me at this time.

Ok, how is this for pitiful? I just purchased accessories for a Tri-star that I am not positive that my wife is buying me for my birthday!

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    Ok, how is this for pitiful? I just purchased accessories for a Tri-star that I am not positive that my wife is buying me for my birthday!

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!
    Well, if she doesn't now you have the perfect excuse! It would be a waste otherwise, now wouldn't it?

Eric,

Thank you for the mental assist but aren't we a little early in our relationship to be co-dependent already?

...of course don't think that angle didn't slip into a devious little corner of my mind!

(happy birthday to me...happy birthday to me! dear, just ignore me, I will be out front stalking the UPS man!)

Just imagine how bad it would be if you lived/worked close to where the retail store will be.

Like me.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Just imagine how bad it would be if you lived/worked close to where the retail store will be.

Like me.

Oh! You're near our new location? We have been looking for good lunch recommendations. Any ideas?
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Unhappy

I work downtown actually, within bussing distance of your new pad. I could tell you about some good places up here, but I don't know the area you're in at all.

Sorry!
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Dag nabbit! But..I am curious. What IS good downtown?

Keeping on topic.. we're obsessed with Veraci Pizza in Ballard, Trophy Cupcakes, Theo Chocolate and Molly Moon's Ice Cream.
    Last edited by Katy; 02-23-2011 at 01:51 PM.

I did notice that one unpleasant aspect of your move is that you're not conveniently located near Macrina bakery any more :^(

Quote Originally Posted by spamjam View Post
    I did notice that one unpleasant aspect of your move is that you're not conveniently located near Macrina bakery any more :^(
    Our wallets are much happier about that aspect of the move. Their food is so delicious we could eat there every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Dag nabbit! But..I am curious. What IS good downtown?
    I'm 4 blocks from the Market, so that's my first (and usually only) destination for eating out during the warmer months. The Pear Market and Cafe makes the best sandwiches, as well as selling Vosges chocolate bars (not all of them tho').

Outside of the market - Georgio's makes good deli sandwiches, Specialties Cafe and Bakery makes these insanely delicious mini-quiches for breakfast as well as having standard bakery fare, and there's places I go to every once in awhile I can't remember the names of that cater to the East Indian, Chinese, Thai, and French foodie in me.

LOTS of options!
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    I'm 4 blocks from the Market, so that's my first (and usually only) destination for eating out during the warmer months. The Pear Market and Cafe makes the best sandwiches, as well as selling Vosges chocolate bars (not all of them tho').

Outside of the market - Georgio's makes good deli sandwiches, Specialties Cafe and Bakery makes these insanely delicious mini-quiches for breakfast as well as having standard bakery fare, and there's places I go to every once in awhile I can't remember the names of that cater to the East Indian, Chinese, Thai, and French foodie in me.

LOTS of options!
    Is Vosges better than Theo? I've seen their bacon bar around and usually just chuckle and walk past it.

Actually the bacon bar, especially the dark bacon bar, is quite yummy. Bacon and chocolate is a great combination. I find Theo bars to be more about the chocolate and Vosges is more about the other flavors (they try to turn a truffle with exotic fillings into a chocolate bar).

A couple of my favorite new bars are: Hawaiian Black Salt Caramel and Blood Orange Caramel (with Campari).
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0