the heck with dyneema, how about DEFLEXION(tm)?

Oh please oh please make some laptop cases with this stuff :-)

http://www.dowcorning.com/content/deflexion/

"What is DEFLEXION™ technology?

It sounds like something out of a comic book: a fabric that remains soft and flexible under normal conditions, but can absorb and disperse the shock of impact, protecting against damage and injury. Any superhero would want it, but it's available to all. DEFLEXION™ technology from Dow Corning, a shock absorbing, high performance material, uses silicone technology to create unique impact protection solutions."

Pondered this last night and had random thought that's only half a joke. I realize the implementation of such a thing is not straight forward and probably impractical for half a dozen reasons, but I'll throw it out anyway.

I remember Tom went and produced Brain Bags from the new digital camo print and prioritized them for the troops serving overseas. Always thought that was really cool. Why not take it to its logical conclusion and make a brain bag, or mild variant, from Kevlar.

I can almost see the advertising . . . Tom Bihn has your back.

Yeah, it's a random thought.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by mjgoode View Post
    Pondered this last night and had random thought that's only half a joke. I realize the implementation of such a thing is not straight forward and probably impractical for half a dozen reasons, but I'll throw it out anyway.

I remember Tom went and produced Brain Bags from the new digital camo print and prioritized them for the troops serving overseas. Always thought that was really cool. Why not take it to its logical conclusion and make a brain bag, or mild variant, from Kevlar.

I can almost see the advertising . . . Tom Bihn has your back.

Yeah, it's a random thought.

Matthew
    Hi mjgood, it may be a random thought but its the best, most brilliant random thought I've heard in a long time. Thanks for putting it out to the universe, you never know what might grow from a planted seed.
    Happy travels,
    Moose
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.