Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We're making more Ultraviolet Clear Organizer Pouches for you!

U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're making more Ultraviolet Clear Organizer Pouches for you!
    SQUEEEEEEEE!

Cool - great colour!

Eric - Realise you live in North ish Scotland, can you give me some idea re the extra costs of having stuff shipped over?. As I know, vat/customs etc all adds up? Just wondering if theres a way around it??
    Thanks
    Jaffa

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Eric - Realise you live in North ish Scotland, can you give me some idea re the extra costs of having stuff shipped over?. As I know, vat/customs etc all adds up? Just wondering if theres a way around it??
    Thanks
    Jaffa
    No problem. I've had three deliveries. Each arrived on the fourth business day after being ordered.

1. Ristretto 13" plus absolute strap, organiser wallet, 2 clear and 3 padded pouches Order total $198 plus $40 delivery charge and 16 plus change duty, VAT and handling fee to UPS
    2. Ristretto for iPad plus absolute strap, 5 coloured and 1 long black key straps, 2 clear pouches and 2 packs of zipper pulls. Order total $170 plus $40 delivery charge and 14.40 duty, VAT and handling fee to UPS
    3. Aeronaut plus 3 clear organiser pouches, a 3D Clear organiser cube, 2 packs of zipper pulls and a cork organiser wallet. Order total $295 plus $40 delivery and 22.55 duty, VAT and handling fee to UPS

UPS can be paid by cash or cheque on delivery. Theoretically, you can pay, by credit card over the phone, but only on the day of delivery. What I find is that if you phone UPS customer service on the day the parcel arrives in the UK, they will tell you the amount of duty so you can make sure you have the right change handy. I can't find the first UPS slip, so their figure is from memory. I don't know if there's any way round it, but, as, to be honest, its a lot less than it should be, I just pay it. E.g. VAT alone on $335 order at 1.56 $/ exchange and a VAT rate of 20% should be 44.66. So to only pay 22.55, including import duty and 4.40 brokerage fee to UPS is a bargain!

By the way I'm 25 miles south of Edinburgh, just north of the border with England.

Oh, and did I mention that i've already got one of those ultraviolet organiser pouches!!!
    Last edited by Fat Crip; 03-01-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0