Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Seattle Factory Showroom/Store News

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas

Opening in May 23-28?

Please tell me the store/showroom will be open at some point and time between May 23 and 28th when I will be in Redmond?????
    I have to fly out for family business and would love to stop by meet/see everyone and pick up a few things.
    Please!
    I really, really like TB Bags!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Even if it's not officially open, we can open it up just for you on any weekday (though Tuesday - Friday is best) between 9am - 4pm.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Even if it's not officially open, we can open it up just for you on any weekday (though Tuesday - Friday is best) between 9am - 4pm.
    Wow! That is awesome customer service!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Wish I could visit Seattle too!

....As I am ever so tempted to look up a map search to see how far away is the factory from Sea-Tac Airport!

WOOT!!!!!
    I will be in contact when I know my schedule more. I will be helping my sister and bil out with their kids for the week, I can probably finagle a break either after the 12 year old goes to school one day, and before the 4 year old has to be picked up from daycare. I will know more closer to the time. The biggest priority is my 10 year old nephew who is in the hospital after suffering 2 cardiac arrests and numerous strokes Good Friday the Saturday following this year. Somebody has to be at the hospital with him 24/7 as well as with the girls. I will of course be visiting him as much as possible too!

... is it bad that I'd want to visit the factory at the same time as Dorayme, just to watch her play with the bags?
    dorayme likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymberleah View Post
    ... is it bad that I'd want to visit the factory at the same time as Dorayme, just to watch her play with the bags?
    I wouldn't mind seeing her play with the bags either.

I just found out I'll be going to Idaho next month. I immediately looked up how far Seattle is from where I'll be & according to travelmath's website it's 335 miles <sigh>.... so close but yet so far away
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Yesterday was the day!

I cannot effectively put into words my trip to Tom Bihn, meeting Tom, Darcy, Katy and Brian, seeing the team of the rest of the employees hard at work, my personal tour and shopping experiences. I will just say it was amazing! My little family of bags has grown, and I have a even greater sense of satisfaction in my purchases knowing; the thought that goes into each one, the fact that they are made for an honest wage, the company really cares for its employees, the company's philosophies are a part of how they operate, not lip service or an outward statement and lastly, I feel like I "get" Tom so much more now. The designs are worked over so thoroughly to ensure that the product that is delivered is one that is at it's fullest potential. There is nothing half hazard in the process of design here.
    I have personally made suggestions, and have seen many made for combinations of certain fabrics for certain bags and seen that there is no movement forward to produce said bag, the thing that we don't see on the purchasing end is that many of them have already been made/tried and didn't meet the standard of quality that Tom, and the team of employees puts into what the name Tom Bihn is labeled onto, so those options aren't available. The same can be said for designs in progress.
    It's great to invest in this kind of all around quality and the products are worth it. They last through real use and time and come out on the other side often looking no worse for wear. Often looking even nicer from the patina of use!
    My only sadness over my visit was that I got into traffic coming to pick up my niece from school, and that I didn't have some other Friends of Tom there with me to marvel and share the experience with. If you get to the Seattle area, and the showroom and factory/warehouse is open, this is a must see!
    Fwiw my four year old niece Jada was patiently with me for this trip. Her comments on the day were that she had a boring time with me this morning as I did laundry, cleaned around the house and helped her work through her preschool work book, but the "place where they make bags" was lots of fun!
    Thank you Tom and Katy especially for taking time from your busy day to show me around and patiently answer my questions. Katy, also thank you with helping me with my selections. I had a blast!
    Last edited by dorayme; 05-27-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Thank you Tom and Katy especially for taking time from your busy day to show me around and patiently answer my questions. Katy, also thank you with helping me with my selections. I had a blast!
    We had a blast too! Thank you for visiting . It was great to finally meet you!
    dorayme likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Any update on the grand opening for the new store? I have a growing list on accessories I need for a trip at the end of July. Will the store be open by then or should I order them on-line?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
    Any update on the grand opening for the new store? I have a growing list on accessories I need for a trip at the end of July. Will the store be open by then or should I order them on-line?
    The big grand opening will be later this summer or fall, but the store should be open 1+ days per week by the end of July. We are glad to open the store by appointment until then-- feel free to email or call us (1-800-729-9607/206-652-4123) to arrange that.
    dorayme likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0