Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Seattle Factory Showroom/Store News

It is definitely March. Any chance that the store will open in the next week or two?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    It is definitely March. Any chance that the store will open in the next week or two?
    We're working on it; expect an update soon.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It doesn't help with the addiction though, I go in to checkout one certain bag only to notice just how nice the other bags are as well.
    Can you imagine finally being ready to go to the checkout stand, and seeing all of those little barrels of mini organizer pouches, key straps, and zipper pulls calling out to you by the cash register? lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one eagerly looking forward to the store being open soon. Of course, the wait has let me talk another friend into wanting a bag, so that was to TB's benefit!

Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Yay! However...I could've predicted grand opening on April 16...I'll be back in Detroit for a cousin's wedding that day. Bummer!

Smile Showroom news

Can't wait! Thanks for the update about the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by spamjam View Post
    Yay! However...I could've predicted grand opening on April 16...I'll be back in Detroit for a cousin's wedding that day. Bummer!
    Don't worry: this isn't the grand opening. This is a "we're not quite ready to open yet, but we know a lot of you have been waiting patiently for the store to open, so we're opening the store just for you. Excuse the dust!" opening.

In the future, the store will likely be open one or two weekdays, and not on Saturdays.

Jay
    Awesome! I have this marked down in my calendar as I will be attending and making a few purchases!

I said "yay!" on Facebook, but I'll say it here, too! Can't wait to come see the new location, dust and all, and maybe leave with a slightly lighter wallet.

Yay! Glad to hear of the store opening. And if it's going to be the last of the Saturday openings, I'm going to definitely have to make sure that I can get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    In the future, the store will likely be open one or two weekdays, and not on Saturdays.
    Oh darn! We'll be in Seattle for a few hours on the morning of April 30 on our way up to Vancouver for a cruise; it would've been great if your store was open by then! I'll just have to wait until next time!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Jay
    Ok, I was able to make it to the Showroom last Saturday. I picked up some organizer pouches for my Super Ego and Eliam was very awesome for helping me pick out the pouches!

My first impressions of the new factory is that it's big, much bigger than the old location. You could tell by the bare space on the walls that they're still working on being able to fully display their product line, however you can tell that the new Showroom has a lot of potential but I do miss the awesome view of Safco Field that the old Showroom had.

I actually get to be IN Seattle this coming Saturday, but it looks like we're there on the wrong weekend!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Sorry, Lani: wish we were going to be open for you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0