cjr

What is wasabi really like

What is the colour called wasabi like in real life?

The colour swatch looks a bit like vomit but using Photoshop it looks much more green.

Cheers,

Chris
    Last edited by cjr; 03-07-2005 at 07:26 AM.

cjr

Re: What is wasabi really like

Originally posted by cjr
    What is the colour called wasabi like in real life?

The colour swatch looks a bit like vomit but using Photoshop it looks much more green.
    Just to follow up myself, there's a nice photo over in this thread:

Just ordered a Brain Cell!!!yeah!!!!

I'm still not sure what colour it is, but it seems a bit greener than the swatch and not quite as green as in Photoshop...

Cheers,

Chris

Ken
    I have to say that the name speaks for itself. The color pretty much looks like Wasabi, perhaps a shade lighter. It is a pretty popular color right now in the industry. I know Patagonia is using a similar shade on some of their bags.

cjr
    Originally posted by Ken
    I have to say that the name speaks for itself. The color pretty much looks like Wasabi, perhaps a shade lighter. It is a pretty popular color right now in the industry. I know Patagonia is using a similar shade on some of their bags.
    It is likely a cultural thing. I don't get a chance to eat a lot of Japanese food, so am only vaguely aware the colour is a bit greenish.

I ordered a bag yesterday with the interior in wasabi, so I guess I'll find out shortly :-))

Cheers,

Chris
    Last edited by cjr; 03-09-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Ken
    I do not think you will be disappointed. Its actually a good color for the inside of a bag because you can easily spot things in there, even in low light. The color also looks good against black, so you can be a bit daring, yet not look like a fugitive from the fashion police in a year or two. Think of the yellow color of a post-it note and bump it up a bit with a hint of green and a touch more contrast. All the best.

--Ken

cjr
    Originally posted by Ken
    I do not think you will be disappointed. Its actually a good color for the inside of a bag because you can easily spot things in there, even in low light. The color also looks good against black, so you can be a bit daring, yet not look like a fugitive from the fashion police in a year or two. Think of the yellow color of a post-it note and bump it up a bit with a hint of green and a touch more contrast. All the best.

--Ken
    I just received the bag, and the colour is rather nice. It stops the bag being too dull, and hopefully it'll stop me losing stuff at the bottom.

I was actually surprised more at the bag's steel accent colour. This is more green than I was expecting - I think I was expecting more of a grey - and works well with the black and wasabi.

Cheers,

Chris

Ken
    Congratulations! Now if we can only find you a good Japanese restaurant to experience some real Wasabi!

cjr
    Originally posted by Ken
    Congratulations! Now if we can only find you a good Japanese restaurant to experience some real Wasabi!
    Is that an offer to babysit?

Cheers,

Chris

Ken

Talking

If you are interested paying for my travel expenses, I might consider babysitting at no charge!

cjr
    Originally posted by Ken
    If you are interested paying for my travel expenses, I might consider babysitting at no charge!
    (Finds out where Puget Sound is...)

Er, can we pass on that?

Cheers,

Chris

Ken
    No problem! Next time I am in London, I'll look you up and we can go out for Japanese, with the little ones in tow. Alternately, let me know when you are on this side of the pond. We have many fine Japanese restaurants in Seattle.

And no matter what do, always pass on the day old sushi!

All the best,

--Ken