Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills

the latest addition to my TB family!

Hi Folks,

Well the latest addition to my TB family arrived today, a day early! I've often maligned UPS as the most Useless Parcel Service in the world, but, whilst one swallow may not a sumer make, they seem to have got it together (almost) this time. Their website continued to tell me it was due tomorrow which could have caused me to be out today, but I'm not really complaining.

So she's another Ristretto, this time though, an iPad/netbook version in steel/wasabi.The colours are even better than I'd hoped! She also brought 6 key straps (the 5 new colours plus a 16" black one), two packs of zipper pulls and two more clear pouches.

So, on the one hand, I'm very happy, but, on the other I'm really frustrated to have had this lot in less than a week, but still be snubbed not to be a Friend of Tom yet :-(

I bought my own key strap, and almost bought an ultra suede pouch (as I know what I'm going to do with it) ... silly me!

Eric

Congratulations on your new acquisitions.

I sympathize with your feeling left out, jealous, miffed—the first year I was a customer, the same thing happened to me: Presents! But not for me.

Might I suggest that instead of complaining publicly (about a gift, after all), you take it private and email Darcy? If you check the TB Facebook and Twitter pages, you'll see that she's still getting caught up on the prezzies.

(You might have hated last year's present—a donation to charity in our collective name.)

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Might I suggest that instead of complaining publicly (about a gift, after all), you take it private and email Darcy? If you check the TB Facebook and Twitter pages, you'll see that she's still getting caught up on the prezzies.
    Yeh, your right, I know I'm just a grasping wretch (I've already said that on here), but part of my frustration comes from having sent two emails, one to 'orderamendments' or what ever its called, and one to Darcy. I know they're busy this week, but its still frustrating to hear nothing back.

I understand. Be of good cheer; eventually she'll tackle her email queue.

I understand. Be of good cheer; eventually she'll tackle her email queue.
    I'm not really p'ed off; how could I be when I just got my new, beautiful Ristretto, its just frustrating. I own/run two businesses with my wife, and, just like TB, we trade on our levels of service. Its one of the many things I like about TB; that they share the same service ethos.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    Yeh, your right, I know I'm just a grasping wretch (I've already said that on here), but part of my frustration comes from having sent two emails, one to 'orderamendments' or what ever its called, and one to Darcy. I know they're busy this week, but its still frustrating to hear nothing back.
    I'm very sorry for the delayed response to your email. Due to the factory being closed for our recent move, emails built up over the "long weekend" and we are just now caught up. The International FOT pouches will be sent out soon. I'm very sorry for the extended wait time for your FOT pouch. I'm sure you're on the list to receive one soon but I'll make sure yours goes out within the next few days .

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Please let me know if there is anything further I can do.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Katy and I have had a nice chat on email, and the bottom line is that a certain Swedish furniture company produce very poor instructions, sending very little people over international borders by post is fraught with difficulties and we are all still friends! Tom has nice people working for him.

Eric

Cryptic. But I'm glad it worked out for you.

Cryptic. But I'm glad it worked out for you.
    Its all good!