Alaska TravelGram Video: TOM BIHN Factory Tour

Just in on the blog, a You Tube version of Alaska TravelGram Video: TOM BIHN Factory Tour.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    More, more, more!!!

Great to see Tom and the spaces. Could that guy have interrupted Tom much more?

keb
    Quote Originally Posted by quacksalve View Post
    Could that guy have interrupted Tom much more?
    Anybody else think of Fred Willard's announcer character in Best of Show? (And not in a good way...)
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    Anybody else think of Fred Willard's announcer character in Best of Show? (And not in a good way...)
    Thanks you! That was bugging me!

Wow, more insights into the world of TB. To quote Fat Crip .. MORE MORE MORE!

Not to chime on the bash but he was rude. Delete and start over! It was very nice to see the owner discuss his bags. This happens on Red Oxx and SF Bags site and would be a great idea for TB site as well.

keb
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Thanks you! That was bugging me!
    Happy to help...
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Quote Originally Posted by quacksalve View Post
    Great to see Tom and the spaces. Could that guy have interrupted Tom much more?
    Really!

It was a heavily edited video. I'll bet they cut out a lot more interruptions than we ended up seeing.

I enjoyed the video, even with the "interesting" editing. I especially enjoyed seeing Tom Bihn talking about the Tri-Star and the Aeronaut, since I am debating those two bags (and the Indigo and Crimson colors). I really don't need a new travel bag, but - Wow! that Indigo is gorgeous!
    Last edited by SusanA; 01-21-2011 at 10:41 AM.

I'm with Susan, the video was fine.

The editing and interruptions were not what I was expecting, but it was good to see Tom and the products.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

This is like a "teaser" clip for a documentary about Tom Bihn and the bags, the factory, the quality workmanship etc. Untill we can get factory tours in person - I wouldn't mind sitting down for a lengthy documentary showing all the bags...but having Tom et al make the documentary. Or Maverick. Someone who is interested in it as an overall product not jsut for themselves.

Anyway, I thought Tom was very gracious and polite. I did get the impression that the interviewer, Scott, was not really interested in the answers, more the fact that "he" was asking a question. Maybe that was a byproduct of the editing, or that it seemed Tom wasn't miked as well as Scott was. Either way, it was lovely to see Tom and the bags.

The crimson Tri-Star and Indigo Aeronaut looked fantastic, to the point where I even considered going against my usual black or steel choices!

Cheers!

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Let's face it, its isn't up to the standard we expect, but presumably Mav was busy elsewhere!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0