Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wennefer View Post
    I'd love to see packing cubes in Ultraviolet!
    Ooh!!! I second this!

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Oh, I wish I could get this . . . Please, please, please don't discontinue the Ultraviolet exterior before I can order it!
    The first batch doesn't ship until mid March, you could pre-order it and save up for it this month and in the next two. I hope that with the new factory, there will be at least two batches. So that means more time for you to save.

I am doing exactly that, saving for a Synapse.

Now, I have a dilemma, which fabric?
    Last edited by backpack; 01-18-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The first batch doesn't ship until mid March, you could pre-order it and save up for it this month and in the next two. I hope that with the new factory, there will be at least two batches. So that means more time for you to save.

I am doing exactly that, saving for a Synapse.

Now, I have a dilemma, which fabric?
    Part of the problem is that I have two Synapses already -- Plum/Solar in Cordura/Dyneema & Steel/Solar in Dyneema/Dyneema. I'm going to give them as gifts to family members to justify ordering an Ultraviolet/Steel one for myself, but I need to do that first :-)
    The main difference I've found between the two fabrics is the weight -- well, and the Cordura can occasionally absorb liquids (not like walking in the rain, like spilling a liter of water on it while it's sitting on the floor . . . I'm very good at cleaning bags now!). The weight differential isn't huge, obviously, but it's noticable to me.

Anyway, I'm very excited to be able to get lightweight bags in my favorite color! More purple is always good.

Talking Thank you Thank you Thank you

I've been waiting and waiting for a dyneema Synapse. Now not only do I get that, but, that AND its purple. I'm such a happy camper. I ordered one today. I am NOT going to miss out on this one. I have a plum Synapse and I love it.
    Happy travels,
    Moose
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I've been waiting and waiting for a dyneema Synapse. Now not only do I get that, but, that AND its purple. I'm such a happy camper. I ordered one today. I am NOT going to miss out on this one. I have a plum Synapse and I love it.
    Happy travels,
    Moose
    Moose,

You might want to get one of the ultraviolet shop bags. I pack a small size shop bag in the side pocket of my Synapse, and it's very handy. The sapphire dyneema (one of the few that were made out of the stock or remaining sapphire Dyneema at the time the Shop bag was introduced -- you can see this in Maverick's video of the Shop bag) goes really well with the Indigo cordura. But if I had a plum Synapse I would put an ultraviolet Shop bag in the side pocket. I'm so happy they're making this in the small size. I also want to order a pen/pencil case sized clear organizer pouch in ultraviolet Dyneema, but I'll have to call in for that since the colors aren't listed for those pouches on the web site.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by teresapoet View Post
    Woohoo! I love purple and anticipate adding some Ultraviolet pouches, stuff sacks, and shop bags to my Tom Bihn collection. I've had my eye on a Co-Pilot for a while now, and I have a feeling that I won't be able to resist getting one if Ultraviolet is offered as a lining color for it....
    I think this would be a killer color combination for a Co-Pilot -- I already have one in Steel/Solar (Ballistic nylon), but ultraviolet would be a great color combination for the interior (either Steel/Ultraviolet in all Dyneema, or in Ballistic/Dyneema, or else, Black/Ultraviolet). Even better would be to have the Ultraviolet Dyneema packing cubes. And, although I didn't add it to the wish list thread, I wish there were a pouch/packing cube that would be slightly longer than the existing pouches, which could fit the front bottom pocket of the Synapse to hold either clothing items, or small electronics and cables, and which could also be used for boarding passes when used as a flat pouch. Could be made in ultraviolet Dyneema (hint, hint!).

moriond

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    The new purple and the recent Iberian Red would make great colors for a dyneema garment sleeve.
    I'd like that too!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Moose,

You might want to get one of the ultraviolet shop bags. I pack a small size shop bag in the side pocket of my Synapse, and it's very handy. The sapphire dyneema (one of the few that were made out of the stock or remaining sapphire Dyneema at the time the Shop bag was introduced -- you can see this in Maverick's video of the Shop bag) goes really well with the Indigo cordura. But if I had a plum Synapse I would put an ultraviolet Shop bag in the side pocket. I'm so happy they're making this in the small size. I also want to order a pen/pencil case sized clear organizer pouch in ultraviolet Dyneema, but I'll have to call in for that since the colors aren't listed for those pouches on the web site.

moriond
    HI Moriond,
    Might want to??? Oh I for sure want to, I want to make sure the budget can handle it first though. I promised myself I'd get a dyneema Synapse at my first opportunity so it was first on the list. I really do like the small Shop bag in ultraviolet. I've never been too keen on it until I saw it in the new color. As far as colors go anything steel and plum or ultraviolet is a winner for me.
    Thanks for the idea though, I do have a bit of time to add to my order.
    Happy travels,
    Moose
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

Yes, to this! I really would like a couple of the clear quarter packing cubes made of this.

And - sigh! - I'm off to order the Ultraviolet/Steel Synapse... I already have a Plum one (and love it), so what Marbenais said! More purple is always good!

Happy dance.

Oh man, I was planning on buying an Iberian shop bag someday but now there's Ultraviolet... Which do I want more?! Or do I save up for both? Maybe I'll get one in small and the other in large?

Did the small shop bag handles get lengthened? I have one of the original steel shop bag and the handles are a bit short and I'm vaguely remembering hearing that they were changed but I'm not sure where to look to confirm this.
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

dzd
    I like the Ultraviolet! This color makes me finally want to something in Dyneema.

Nice move, TB. Of course, we color lovers are asking for more! More!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Glad you like it, Heidi. It's a Small Shop Bag.
    Ohhh, I thought the small shop bag was going to be extinct? I'm glad it's not, and I love this color.

(And I can justify it, as an inattentive bagger at the grocery store apparently packed one of my solar shop bags into the cart of the guy in front of me, who amazingly hasn't brought it back to the lost & found.)

Yes! Me, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I think we'll announce which larger bags will be available lined in Ultraviolet by early February.
    Darcy,
    I'd be really close to first in line for a steel TriStar with ultraviolet interior. I love that color combo please consider it.
    Thanks,
    Moose
    Last edited by Just; 01-23-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Fixed the broken quote

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0