Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 344
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

  1. #91
    Registered User blackfungi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    toronto, ontario, canada.
    Posts
    222
    re : the shopping bag.

    please, redesign the 2 bottle pockets that are on the inside the bag, to be on the outside of the shopping bag. i proudly use my steel iberian shopping bag but i always have the bag inside out so that i can have the two inside pockets on the outside. the two pockets on the outside are perfect for plastic cases of blue berries for instance or cheese. the pockets being on the outside also do not take up the space of the main compartment whereas if they are on the inside they do.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

  2. #92
    Registered User bltkmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    345
    A Synapse that is 50% larger - call it the Spark! Available in both Dyneema and Cordura. I love my Synapse, but find it too small for EDC use.
    --------------------------------

  3. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldrose View Post
    Also, more FJN accessories. Granted the FJN already has most of the angles covered (pen storage, pouches, ruler), but there a few more that would be nice (tabbed dividers!) and it's so hard to find good sources for Classic sized binders.
    Updated note to really emphasize the tabbed dividers, because I just discovered that the pretty ones I got from Russell and Hazel don't fit in my lovely new FJN, because they're too wide (6.5"). I'll have to break out the paper trimmer and hole punch and cut them down to size.

  4. #94
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    re : the shopping bag.

    please, redesign the 2 bottle pockets that are on the inside the bag, to be on the outside of the shopping bag. i proudly use my steel iberian shopping bag but i always have the bag inside out so that i can have the two inside pockets on the outside. the two pockets on the outside are perfect for plastic cases of blue berries for instance or cheese. the pockets being on the outside also do not take up the space of the main compartment whereas if they are on the inside they do.
    Does it not work for you to turn it inside out?

    I am not certain why you would need to buy another bag altogether if you have the bag you need in front of you?

  5. #95
    Registered User penny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC metro area via metro north
    Posts
    18
    to all the little & swift photo offers thank you! I'm 5'1 on a good day.

    I didn't get a chance to take my photos today... it's quite dark and wintery here in the NYC metro area and i was dressed -- as is typical -- all in black, which matches my co-pilot.

    I also have a wish item for more rings inside the main compartment of the co-pilot (not just in the side pockets) and I still wish the interior of the two sides (pencil side & fleece side) were swapped since i'm right-hand dominant..

    I also hope there is more pushing of the absolute strap. I love mine and it was totally worth it.

  6. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldrose View Post
    Updated note to really emphasize the tabbed dividers, because I just discovered that the pretty ones I got from Russell and Hazel don't fit in my lovely new FJN, because they're too wide (6.5"). I'll have to break out the paper trimmer and hole punch and cut them down to size.
    I second that, right now, on the market there are no really good looking and durable accessories for Junior size organizers which can be used in the FJN without being tweaked or look out of place.


    A couple of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) leaves used with the new Post it tabs would make ok D.I.Y dividers.


    The high-density polyethylene (HDPE) leaf is a great find, the size, 3 holes format choice of the FJN and the eco-friendly Gray's Harbor and Crane papers are really fabulous.


    I would love it if there could be page markers made like the ruler, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) leaves in different colors and a punch especially made for the FJN.

    I was just thinking that either the high-density polyethylene (HDPE) leaf could be covered in Dyneema, if people want solid divider or dividers could be made of Dyneema.

    I also think that Dyneema Pouches made to fit the FJN would be great!

    Dyneema is available in 4 colors with more coming so it

  7. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    41
    I love the Matterhorn logo, maybe Tom can also do one with a more tropical look...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    moriond and Just like this.

  8. #98
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    546

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by holoholo View Post
    I love the Matterhorn logo, maybe Tom can also do one with a more tropical look...
    I love it!!!

  9. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    41
    maybe a Tom Bihn app?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just likes this.

  10. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    41
    so someday my ipod can look something like this... maybe?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    I love how the style of the tropical design matches the Matterhorn's.

    The Matterhorn is a great example of an alpine meadow, I would love to see more logo designs showing different ecosystems such as temperate rain forests, arctic, tundra, savanna...

    Parks and Heritage sites could be the inspiration.

    The most popular designs could be made into more luggage tags.


    PS: Since the tropical design is -not- a Tom Bihn design it might be nice to add "inspired by Tom Bihn original design" to avoid any confusion.
    Just a thought, I am not in the design business.
    Last edited by backpack; 01-20-2011 at 03:07 PM.

  12. #102
    Registered User penny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC metro area via metro north
    Posts
    18
    I just added two photos (the cat insisted on being in one of them) to the tom bihn bags group on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/57753561@N00/ I hope it helps! I specifically changed when i returned home from the office so as to provide contrast to my bag. :P
    Last edited by penny; 01-20-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: proper grammar is difficult with a cat sitting on your back. (or at least it is for me)

  13. #103
    Registered User blackfungi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    toronto, ontario, canada.
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by holoholo View Post
    I love the Matterhorn logo, maybe Tom can also do one with a more tropical look...

    beautiful, this is now my desktop background. thanks!!!
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

  14. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Quote Originally Posted by penny View Post
    I just added two photos (the cat insisted on being in one of them) to the tom bihn bags group on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/57753561@N00/ I hope it helps! I specifically changed when i returned home from the office so as to provide contrast to my bag. :P

    Which ones are your pictures?

    I don't see a cat in any of the recent pictures

  15. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16

    Post Wish List

    1) A lunchbox built to Tom Bihn standards would be great;
    and
    2) A money belt that doesn't fall apart after a few weeks. I'm on my third since 2008.

    Keep up the good work!

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0