Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    .....and thus was created a photo thread where you post tom binh bags being worn by actual people, not bronze statues and picnic tables.

another neat thread would be where you show what's inside your tom binh bag or pouch.

any takers?

Tom Bihn Inc has a flicker account where there are many pictures of Tom Bihn bag's owners showing the content of their bags and wearing them with pride , the link is on the left side of the blog.

Below is a direct link.
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/57753561@N00/

I prefer Darcy's gorgeous pictures, complete with items used inside the bag, to show scale.
    Maverick's beautiful and very informative videos showing each feature and detail of a product used with everyday objects. He and sometimes, his family model the bags.
    Both pictures and videos speak to me better than a very cold diagram with a lot of numbers.

Maybe, that's just me.

I would like a co-pilot in black/iberian, and would buy one immediately. It's a beautiful color combination in the tri-star. Would also like if some of the pen holders in the pocket of the co-pilot went away and were replaced by another pocket into which a phone/ipod classic/small camera would fit

I would love a Tom Bihn created lunch or snack bag. I'm heading back to school this fall and almost all my gear is going to come from TB, the only thing missing is a lunch bag that would fit in a brain bag with books and a laptop.

I'd love to see:

Lunch bag

Garment sleeve

camera bag (should be here soon?)

Ski bacpack (low profile backpack for skiing) - yes, I probably could use another backpack and have used the brainbag, but I'd love to add a purpose built/designed bag to add to my collection. Can you tell I'm a hoarder

I would love a black or grey little swift. I'm also curious if that option could be (partially?) in Dyneema and what that might do to cost. I pay happily for quality, but I do need to think of budget.

I don't want a shop bag, i like layout of the swift line but budget is a concern and I don't need this bag to be as ready for commute torture my very wonderful co-pilot.

I am torn between a little swift and a regular swift -- i'd love to find modelled shots of someone around my height. I'll take up to 5'3.. (if it's there and i've not seen it, mea culpa, i searched through flickr a few times)

(eta: as to my modelling request -- I'll take some photos of me (5'1) and my co-pilot by tomorrow, my studio space needs some tidying first.)

Are there any TB bags with o-rings on the outside?

penny,

I am expecting my Little Swift to arrive Thursday evening (UPS doesn't come to my house til about 7pm!) and was planning on taking pictures of myself carrying it. I'm 5'3", so hopefully that will help. I'll post them under the pictures and videos section of the forum, so look for them by Friday around noon.

swift pics for comparison

Quote Originally Posted by penny View Post
    I am torn between a little swift and a regular swift -- i'd love to find modelled shots of someone around my height. I'll take up to 5'3.. (if it's there and i've not seen it, mea culpa, i searched through flickr a few times)

I have a little swift, and will be receiving a full sizes swift on Friday. I'm 5'2". If you haven't gotten your pics by Friday, let me know. I think I can convince dh to take a few ;-)
    Last edited by Just; 01-19-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Fixed the broken quote
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

grow with me kids bag

I want to see some kind of bag that would work for my sons to take for our camping trips that would carry about a week's worth of clothes. I want them to be able to carry it themselves. Back pack straps are a must. Dyneema seems like a nice lightweight candidate. I want it to be something that they can use now, and through until maybe college, or at least high school. Adjust-ability would be key. I also want organization that doesn't go missing because they put it down and lost it (built in). My boys are 7.5 and 6.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Smartphone Pouch

A now defunct company created a PDA bag that I use to hold my Samsung Omnia 2 and Samsung Gusto.

Originally I used it for my Handspring Visor, then my Dell Axim. This bag was designed for the size of the PDA's at that time.

However, it is too big for the current size of smartphones and ripe for TB design.

Actually, two bag types could be offered, a large with the same dimensions and a small cut down to fit the "average smarphone" or an iPhone.

Actually, I would buy both because I could envision times where I could use either size depending on where I was going.

As to why I have both the Omnia 2 and the Gusto, see here.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by penny View Post
    I am torn between a little swift and a regular swift -- i'd love to find modelled shots of someone around my height. I'll take up to 5'3.. (if it's there and i've not seen it, mea culpa, i searched through flickr a few times))
    It might take a few days, but I have a Plum/Black Cordura Swift and a Cork Little Swift and am 5'0" -- would that work?

Also, I just have to say, in terms of a wish list from Tom Bihn, Ultraviolet Dyneema bags ARE IT. *gleeful*

Volunteer Moderator
    Gonna echo one:

- Simple, utilitarian Dyneema duffel bags

And add another:

- Tote bags with zipper closures

BB's Wishes

some great ideas already.
    here is my wish list:

An A5 field journal insert. (please, pretty please?)

A black/cayenne Ristretto (normal 13" size).

A new combination field journal net/notebook carrier. (think of the meeting of the Brain Cell and the Field Notebook.)

A new buckle design as an alternative to the “warrior” buckle (something a little more “businesslike”).

A Freudian Slip for the Imago (although the Field Notebook is working well as a substitute).

A smaller briefcase—in spirit something like a horizontal Ristretto.

A garment bag.

And of course, a typical Tom Binh surprise new bag that i never knew I really needed until it came out!

a happy New Year to everyone!

bb

Recent wishes:

- insert for FJN that would allow me to slip in my Circa junior
    - optional pad for the bottom of the big section of the Synapse
    - pouch that fits the bottom section of the Synapse
    - extension clasp for café bags - yes, I overstuff them on occasion

I'm sure I can think of more, but those are some of the wishes that have come up in my day-to-day recently.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0