Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    A suggestion for the actual website: photos or even diagrams of the bags in relation to size. For example - pictures of people (with their height listed) with the bags. Or for similar style bags - comparison photos together. Example - the three sizes of the cafe bags, the Tri-Star compared to the Western Flyer.
    One thing I like about SF Bags / Waterfield Designs is that they post a plan drawing of each product with arrows so you can see the various features inside. That's very informative to customers.

I wish Tom Bihn did the same.

I would also like to see more images of people wearing/carrying the various Bihn bags. There are great "being worn" images of the Aeronaut, the Tri-Star and the Ego, but none of specimens like the Ristretto or the Cafe Bags.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    One thing I like about SF Bags / Waterfield Designs is that they post a plan drawing of each product with arrows so you can see the various features inside. That's very informative to customers.

I wish Tom Bihn did the same.

I would also like to see more images of people wearing/carrying the various Bihn bags. There are great "being worn" images of the Aeronaut, the Tri-Star and the Ego, but none of specimens like the Ristretto or the Cafe Bags.
    .....and thus was created a photo thread where you post tom binh bags being worn by actual people, not bronze statues and picnic tables.

another neat thread would be where you show what's inside your tom binh bag or pouch.

any takers?
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    .....and thus was created a photo thread where you post tom binh bags being worn by actual people
    i think some of us feel a little shy getting in front of the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    another neat thread would be where you show what's inside your tom binh bag or pouch.
    we try to do that in most all of the videos. is there something in particular you'd like to see in this respect?

repost from thread:
    check-in luggage - cover up for TB bag

Since we're making requests, Darcy do you think we could ever get a super-sized version of the Yarn Stuff Sack to use for strollers? or even car seats eventually?

We gate-check our Maclaren Triumph umbrella stroller all the time and to protect it from grime of the tarmac and cargo hold, I purchased this awful bag, which is just a step above a plastic trash bag:
    http://www.amazon.com/Childress-Gate...1787877&sr=1-3

It is a flimsy nylon bag with a terrible drawstring closure. It has no shoulder strap and the one hand strap is so poorly placed that the bag can't easily be balanced with the stroller in it (tips forward or backward). The non-adjustable hand strap is too long for me to carry it in my hand (drags on the floor) and too short to sling on my shoulder - arrgh!

A Tom Bihn version would blow this thing out of the water!

My Christmas wish for the Benevolent Bag Maker... a Tom Bihn Umbrella Stroller Stuff Sack (!) in Iberian Dyneema with an adjustable shoulder strap, poron handles, a sewn-in clear plastic holder for ID/contact info, and a storage pouch for it.

I think that it would look so fabulous next to our black Aeronaut... (and perhaps a future Parental Unit...?)

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    i think some of us feel a little shy getting in front of the camera.
    I get that, but faces and 'frontal shots' aren't needed. A still like that at the end of your MBA 11 Ristretto is ideal. Except, of course, that a set that includes all the bags of a particular style, but preferably a full set of all the bags, would be ideal. Of course sets on different sized people would be even better. Now there's a project!

I'd love to do it and have bred sufficient models, but I'm in Scotland with just one TB bag, and it isn't really practical to send over a dozen or more bags, just to have them photographed! Mind you, I could do them a set at a time, it would be fun and would help me get back to my old hobby

Eric

I will make my wish/request simple - Anything in Purple/Plum...Tristar, little swift.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    I get that, but faces and 'frontal shots' aren't needed.
    well, it isn't always the faces and front that we're shy about showing.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    well, it isn't always the faces and front that we're shy about showing.
    Since I had to give up cycling I know what you mean! Before I had my spinal injury I used to do three spin classes a week at the gym, cycled to work and mountain biked at the week-end and was quite happy to wear lycra in public ... now? Maybe the lycra's best avoided!

Quote Originally Posted by Abita View Post
    A Kindle case.
    +1 for Kindle case! I just got my Kindle3 and it is begging for a Tom Bihn case.

I would buy the little Swift in a heartbeat if it had one clear pocket and one opaque pocket. Sometimes I want to carry things that I don't want all the world to be able to see, and I think one clear and one not-clear pocket would provide the best of both worlds.

I would love to be able to search the website by color - type "plum" into a search field and have it give me every item available in that color.
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

I really like the idea of an Ultrasuede Kit too! Black of course, but steel gray might also be good. An external O-Ring on each end, offset like the FJN's, would allow a woman to add a thin shoulder strap for use as a purse. A thin Ultrasuede strap, made to the Key Strap dimensions (but longer) could be offered as an option. Two strap sizes: one for use as a handbag, and one for shoulder-carrying. O-Ring on the inside for clipping on other accessories - maybe an Ultrasuede Mini or Small Pouch to match for necessary out-on-the-town items.

Move the rear O-Ring on the Co-Pilot. Right now it's on the inner rear side (the netbook/iPad side), and I know it's for sewing reasons, but when I have accessory bags clipped in, it's a real %&*$# to get my netbook out unless I unclip everything or toss them all out of the bag to dangle. The straps cross over the Cache, trapping it in place. If the O-Ring was between the pockets I wouldn't have a problem. (Wait: just ADD that O-Ring and keep the other one; people probably love its current location, even if I don't!)

Lunch bag. I'd like one sized to fit into the Co-Pilot or the Convertible Shoulder Bag, especially. Insulated, tightly-closing, preferably spillproof, and perhaps with containers (although that part is probably prohibitive).

The 'Aeronette.' I still want a bag slightly smaller than the Aeronaut with either the Aeronaut layout, or one which uses the Tristar dimensions and IS A SINGLE-COMPARTMENT BAG! Pockets, O-rings, yes, but I really like one-main-compartment bags. Put compression straps on one side (or both), make cubes to fit in assorted configurations, and I'll be a very happy camper.

Bring back Sapphire. Please. I like blue things.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but a 3-hole punch sized to fit inside the Field Journal would be very useful when out and about. I'd like to be able to punch papers as I go.

Sapphire and Conifer Key Straps, please!

Offer a version of padded Pouches which have one Ultrasuede divider to keep the accessories from scratching screens.

Iberian Pen and Pencil. I'd like to see the Small Shop Bag stay around, and be made in Iberian.

Lastly, expand the rear pocket's base on the FJN like the front pocket; I can't get a folded Small Shop Bag into the rear pocket and needed to resort to carrying a purple made-in-China Chico bag today.

Of course, whatever Tom comes up with will probably be a big seller, and will please a lot of people on here. This thread has given me a lot of thought about just what I'm still missing!
    Last edited by aiethabell; 01-10-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: I need new glasses, can't see my typos...
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .

More colors for the Ego. I really need a bag larger than my Imago, but would like an Ego in something other than the Black/Black/Steel, Black/Crimson/Steel or Black/Steel/Wasabi.

More bags lined with Solar (or other bright colors). I love the simple and elegant appearance my black and steel bags have, but finding things in them sometimes requires a flashlight.

I would really like an Aeronaut in Steel/Iberian.

More Indigo! I love Indigo. I'd love a side bag in it.

Also--and this might be my own lack of coordination--but anything that combined Navy, Crimson and Wasabi would be absolutely the best thing ever.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0