Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tom does still plan to design a Pilot, but I can't yet venture a guess as to when it would be available. A dedicated 13" Cadet is unlikely to happen soon.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks, Darcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tom does still plan to design a Pilot, but I can't yet venture a guess as to when it would be available. A dedicated 13" Cadet is unlikely to happen soon.
    Thank you, Darcy, I appreciate the update. I will abandon my quest for a Pilot and a 13" Cadet, and continue to search for alternatives. I did, however, order the iPad Cadet which is supposed to arrive in 8 more days. Have a great Thanksgiving!
    I have an Aeronaut (Black/Iberian), Brain Bag (Black/Steel) Smart Alec (Black/Black/Steel), 2 Cadets for iPad (Black/Steel) and (Steel/Solar), 2 Co-Pilots (Steel/Solar) and (Black/Steel), Imago (Black/Black/Steel), plus a Vertical Brain Cell, Vertical Freudian Slip, Packing Cubes, Organizer Pouches, 2 RFID Blocking Passport Pouches, iPad Cache, Snake Charmer, Organizer Wallet, and plethora of other accessories! Man,what does it take to get on the FOT list?

I'd love to see the Side Effect in Dyneema :-)
    Lani and Janine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldrose View Post
    More bags lined with Solar (or other bright colors). I love the simple and elegant appearance my black and steel bags have, but finding things in them sometimes requires a flashlight.
    I second that. I have a Smart Alec lined with Solar, and it's really easy to find things in there.

While I'm typing: I'd also like comparison shots, say, The Smart ALec, Brain Bag, and Synapse all next to each other. And the three Cafe Bags, and...you get the idea.
    Lani likes this.

I'd love to see what you guys could do with a messenger bag that REALLY is a messenger bag. One that's designed for being on the shoulder of someone on a bike. I feel like what you make now are more "shoulder bags" for lack of a better term.

Synapse in Cardinal.

Be still my beating heart.

Same here. Maximum Carry-On Size "Tri-Star Max (22x14x9)" would be on my 2012 wish list. Steel/solar combo + Absolute strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzld View Post
    I would love to see a cross between the Aeronaut and Tri-star, or really, just a Tri-star that's a little larger. I travel for business and usually bundle-pack a suit. The Tri-star is a little small for my liking, but I prefer its layout to the Aeronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by verysimple View Post
    Same here. Maximum Carry-On Size "Tri-Star Max (22x14x9)" would be on my 2012 wish list. Steel/solar combo + Absolute strap.
    Wow. That would be.... big!

May I encourage you to pack less?!?!? Tee hee!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Ties are just such an unusual dimension even when folded into a fourth of their full length. I don't like to put anything else with them to avoid snags.
    OK this may not work for you but I just had an idea.

Is it possible to use a toilet paper roll core or paper towel core for your ties? I would actually cut a slit all the way down so the core opens up into a U shape. But could you roll your tie up (fold it in half, then roll it up) and then slide it into a core? Would that scrunch your tie up too much, even if you've cut the core open? You can adjust the width of the core to fit your ties, but if you could keep them rolled up like that (and maybe even using a rubber band or ponytail hair band to keep it from unfurling), would that be something that can fit in your Packing Cube Shoulder Bag?
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Absolutely not Lani...
    Not for 2 week trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Wow. That would be.... big!

May I encourage you to pack less?!?!? Tee hee!

Quote Originally Posted by verysimple View Post
    Absolutely not Lani...
    Not for 2 week trips.
    Bah! You can doo eet!

Honestly, if you can pack for a 1-week trip, you don't really need a whole lot more for the second week.

Probably the best place to start is Rick Steves' packing tips (Pack Smart and Travel Light by Rick Steves). He also has a packing list for both men and women. Use that as your basis, and adjust from there.

Thanks for the links, already onebagging...
    Think of my wish as an Aeronaut capacity & dimensions in a Tri-Star skin..

Bah! You can doo eet!

Honestly, if you can pack for a 1-week trip, you don't really need a whole lot more for the second week.

Probably the best place to start is Rick Steves' packing tips (Pack Smart and Travel Light by Rick Steves). He also has a packing list for both men and women. Use that as your basis, and adjust from there.

Thanks for the links.. Learning to 1 bag by the minute.
    Think of my wish as Aeronaut size and capacity in Tri-Star skin.

Bah! You can doo eet!

OK this may not work for you but I just had an idea.

Is it possible to use a toilet paper roll core or paper towel core for your ties? I would actually cut a slit all the way down so the core opens up into a U shape. But could you roll your tie up (fold it in half, then roll it up) and then slide it into a core? Would that scrunch your tie up too much, even if you've cut the core open? You can adjust the width of the core to fit your ties, but if you could keep them rolled up like that (and maybe even using a rubber band or ponytail hair band to keep it from unfurling), would that be something that can fit in your Packing Cube Shoulder Bag?
    There's a product that works similarly to what I think you're describing that I do use for short trips that only require a couple ties. It's a plastic tube, closed on one end and open on the other. The open end has a cap of sorts with a split stick that the tie wraps around. The tube holds it all together. It works well for most ties, and is probably better for the tie than folds that can create creases. I just don't love them for some reason. I seem to prefer having my ties flat--folded in third or fourth.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0