Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

Quote Originally Posted by wennefer View Post
    Just got a new iPhone 4S yesterday, along with a Sena Ultraslim pouch. I really like that style of pouch. It's thin, so it doesn't offer lots of protection, but it keeps dust, pocket lint, etc. off the phone. Which got me to thinking... A pouch like that in cork with ultrasuede lining would be awesome.
    Until I got my pink smart phone, a year ago, all my phones were carried in a Small Cork Pouch, a simple one, which I got the minute Cork Pouches were made.
    I still have it and it has held regular bulky portable phones (2 or 3 brand/models) and a smart phone. The interior is very soft almost Ultrasuede like.

I got it because I used to wear my portable phones in an open top, north/south oriented, novelty pouch around my neck.
    After a downpour got my phone wet and I heard about the danger of cell phones too close to the body, I searched very intensely for an alternative.

The Cork Pouch discovery was an enormous blessing, it was clipped in the key ring of a novelty lanyard and carried in the outer pocket of my Cafe Bags.

Since I now, use a Clear Pink Small Organizer Pouch, the Pouch and phone are tucked inside the bag between Organizer Pouches which contain soft material such has cloth headbands or tissues or even my portable needlework project contained in a Stuff Sack.

Now that Tom has created, the Organizer Wallet, I believe that a Cork Pouch with Ultrasuede lining or flaps, made just like the dividers of the Organizer Wallet is possible.

But... I am not sure, because I don't sew and I don't design bags and other accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Some sort of simple dyneema garment bag would be great for car business trips or for packing into a full-size rolling suitcase. Basic requirements for me:

1) could handle several hangers including some with shirts only and at least two with suits or sport coat and pants

2) hook for hanging on closet rod or over door

3) a full-width pocket for ties or some other tie holding system... Or maybe even a Tom Bihn tie case that can hold several (4-5?) ties and attach to the garment bag via o rings on the garment bag

4) can fold in half or thirds and stay that way

1) The problem with the ability to use hangers is weight, it usually requires heavy hardware but Tom might be able to come up with a strong fabric loop like the closure of the Swifts.

2) I hope the one for the 3D Clear Organizer Cube comes in bigger size.

3) Ties and scarves fit nicely in the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag.

The advantage of the O rings on each side of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is that 2, 8 or 16 inches Key Straps can hold the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag on top of the garments whether you want them higher or lower.
    The Key Straps coupled together make for a very handy over the door handle for the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag.

Steel is very subtle and professional looking.
    UV is bright and subtle at the same time more of a dark lavender/light purple. In other words, not your 80's purple.

4) I am sure Tom can find a way to that, look at what he has done with the revolutionary Checkpoint Flyer, the TARDIS Synapse and the marvelous Swift and Little Swift!

I would love an Imago in ballistic Steel or Black with Ultraviolet Dyneema lining.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    1) The problem with the ability to use hangers is weight, it usually requires heavy hardware but Tom might be able to come up with a strong fabric loop like the closure of the Swifts.

2) I hope the one for the 3D Clear Organizer Cube comes in bigger size.

3) Ties and scarves fit nicely in the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag.

The advantage of the O rings on each side of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is that 2, 8 or 16 inches Key Straps can hold the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag on top of the garments whether you want them higher or lower.
    The Key Straps coupled together make for a very handy over the door handle for the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag.

Steel is very subtle and professional looking.
    UV is bright and subtle at the same time more of a dark lavender/light purple. In other words, not your 80's purple.

4) I am sure Tom can find a way to that, look at what he has done with the revolutionary Checkpoint Flyer, the TARDIS Synapse and the marvelous Swift and Little Swift!
    I hadn't though about the packing cube shoulder bag. That could be a good solution for clipping on and holding loose stuff like ties and belts. I think I'd still like a specialized tie case though. Ties are just such an unusual dimension even when folded into a fourth of their full length. I don't like to put anything else with them to avoid snags.

With hangers, I was envisioning a loop made out of webbing with some way to cinch it down. My tumi rolling suitcase has a garment bag with something like that. It's just not ideal for several reasons. Fine for that suitcase, not good enough for car trips.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I hadn't though about the packing cube shoulder bag. That could be a good solution for clipping on and holding loose stuff like ties and belts. I think I'd still like a specialized tie case though. Ties are just such an unusual dimension even when folded into a fourth of their full length. I don't like to put anything else with them to avoid snags.

With hangers, I was envisioning a loop made out of webbing with some way to cinch it down. My tumi rolling suitcase has a garment bag with something like that. It's just not ideal for several reasons. Fine for that suitcase, not good enough for car trips.
    The need to avoid snags on my husband's ties and my scarves are precisely why I suggested the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. I use it for his ties and my scarves.
    I need to get to those in a hurry, right before an interview or an event where we cannot be late, usually right after a long flight or the day after the long flight in which I have to get up early to get breakfast for both of us, have breakfast, get ready and get him all set up (I do the precision packing since I have gotten my TB travel bags).

I have terrible jet lag and I don't want my things on hotel bedspreads which I know are not washed after every guest, so everything need to be done out of Tom Bihn Packing Cubes.

With the plastic zipper and wide opening of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is the ideal size for pulling out one tie at a time and match it effortlessly with the desired shirt. The ties fit the way they are displayed at the store front triangle to back triangle, or maybe folded in two.
    You can use tissue paper (very light) or a zippered pillow cover (they are made of white cotton, have been popularized by Martha Stewart to protect the life of pillows and are of course heavier) to separate each tie.

wishlist: to be able to order any bag in any color combination
    backpack and Lani like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    wishlist: to be able to order any bag in any color combination
    Being a huge Dyneema fan, I'd like to add: To be able to order most bags in any fabric.

Call me crazy; I'd LOVE to see everything in Dyneema, including the travelpacks and cafe bags!

Oh, and the 3D organizers in Dyneema as well. (but I'm still interested in a NONclear version as well!)
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

As I asked about elsewhere

Synapse in Azalea: would buy!

Synapse in Azalea

Quote Originally Posted by quacksalve View Post
    Synapse in Azalea: would buy!
    Ditto! I'd love to build an Azalea set. Synapse and Aeronaut in Azalea to match my MCB!
    Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

I'd like a Navy organiser wallet with a clear front.....or a Cardinal organiser wallet with a solid front. Either way would be fine, it's just to satisfy a little OCD, matchy-matchy thing I have going on with my significant other

This might be a pretty oddball request. I am thinking I would like to be able to get an Absolute Strap for my Super Ego. It would be neat if you could sew up a design that is like the ends that attach to the bag from the Q-AM strap (the double layered portion that just barely fit through teeth of the buckle/clasp type thing) and then have your triangular loop so you can interchange your straps between bags.
    Lani likes this.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Everyone's heard mine often enough before:

Smaller Aeronaut, 40-41" dimensions, no longer than 19", probably with one end pocket and main section.

Your bags are beautiful. I hope I get to have one to love, soon.

OK I'm adding another feature on this wish list.

I would LOVE to see the Cafe Bags made in Dyneema. Small, medium, large, all!

I know you're tired of hearing me ask for everything in Dyneema, but I can't praise its features enough. Love its natural slouch when the bag isn't full, love that it's flexible enough that it fits more stuff than a Ballistic Nylon or Cordura counterpart, love its lightweightness, love that it refuses to tear or rip.

If a Dyneema Cafe Bag feels lopsided because the straps are heavier than the bag (since the fabric isn't as stiff), then I'd be OK with going with a lighterweight strap.

Oh hey, you could design them as a packable version that folds out from a pouch, even!!! The possibilities!!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

A medium cafe bag lined with dyneema would be wonderful too.

An Imago lined with dyneema also would be great -- especially navy with cork and yellow dyneema

Caught in 13" MBP case limbo...

Darcy, is a larger version of the Co-Pilot (a Pilot) that could comfortably house a 13" MBP ever going to "actually" happen or not...I'm losing hope here! What about a "dedicated 13" Mac" Cadet? I gave up my 15" MBP last year and only use a 13" MBP and my iPad. I really want a smaller bag than the 16+" Cadet that is meant for a 15 MBP. This will be my last post/request on the idea of a Pilot or a Cadet that is specifically designed for a 13" Apple product. Thanks.
    I have an Aeronaut (Black/Iberian), Brain Bag (Black/Steel) Smart Alec (Black/Black/Steel), 2 Cadets for iPad (Black/Steel) and (Steel/Solar), 2 Co-Pilots (Steel/Solar) and (Black/Steel), Imago (Black/Black/Steel), plus a Vertical Brain Cell, Vertical Freudian Slip, Packing Cubes, Organizer Pouches, 2 RFID Blocking Passport Pouches, iPad Cache, Snake Charmer, Organizer Wallet, and plethora of other accessories! Man,what does it take to get on the FOT list?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0