Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

A Dyneema windbreaker with raglan sleeves, zipper front, and a hood that folds into the collar.

I would love a beautiful long trenchcoat made of that same fabric, with thin belts made of contrasting colors with the fabric that is used for the Key Straps and wide belts made of the Ego/Super Ego closure with fabric inserts.

It would be the greatest, most fun and stylish trenchcoat ever!

Would be even better if it was packable and a rain hat would be nice too.
    Sera and jaon like this.

My wish list is 1. A Bigger Co-Pilot. 2. More colors for the packing cubes. 3. More colors for the W. Flyer. 4. More Brain Cell Colors (which used to be available and then it went to only black, don't know why)

Cafe bags in universal camouflage

With steel lining would be awesome!

Also, OP in ultrasuede would be great. I went online to order more ultrasuede kindle pouch (I have 1 cayenne). No longer on the website. I am very sad.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLin View Post
    Also, OP in ultrasuede would be great. I went online to order more ultrasuede kindle pouch (I have 1 cayenne). No longer on the website. I am very sad.
    They'll be back soon: don't worry!
    Janine likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    They'll be back soon: don't worry!
    Thanks! Looking forward to them.

I agree on the "up-sized" Synapse. The nice clean and well organized style of the Synapse combined with the ability to easily store a 15.4" MacBook Pro in a TB Cache - for extra safety when the MacBook needs to be toted around without having any extra bulk when the MacBook isn't needed - would be a bag I'd consider.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

I'd love to see a Zephyr with navy/wasabi like its big brother Empire Builder. I need something colorful that is organized and not too floppy. Can't bring myself to buy another black or gray bag.

AND another vote here for a smaller size of horizontal Freudian Slip. Something that carries letter-sized folders, perhaps with a tad thinner padding to fit smaller bags. Maybe a pocket that is perfect size for a Kindle or iPad? with some ultrasuede lining? Please, Santa Tom? ;-)

Synapse with a water bottle pocket! I know a Camelback fits in the middle outside pocket, buts its easier to grab on the outside. I bought my son a LL Bean Backpack without outside pockets and it's a drag. I put his camelback inside his backpack and it leaked water all over.
    Owner of one Imago in Cocoa/Wasabi and Hemp Swift. And various straps, sacks and pouches.
    Wish List: Azalea Cafe Bag, Azalea Swift, Iberian or Ultraviolet Synapse (maybe both!), Wallet and more pouches.

A Black-Iberian Aeronaut is on deck at chez Badger, along with a stuff sack and some OPs. The Mrs and I are going on a righteous Christmas holiday and we only have one maximum legal-sized carry-on bag. I may also buy a second SCB for Mrs B. I got her one this summer, and she was super-duper-dorayme skeptical about it but now she loves it. LOVES IT, I say.

whoo--getting a little giddy at work! Back to reading papers.
    dorayme likes this.

I would love, love to see a kids backpack. One that will carry them through Kindergarten and all they way into college. Wouldn't that be novel in our throw away society?

Some sort of simple dyneema garment bag would be great for car business trips or for packing into a full-size rolling suitcase. Basic requirements for me:

1) could handle several hangers including some with shirts only and at least two with suits or sport coat and pants

2) hook for hanging on closet rod or over door

3) a full-width pocket for ties or some other tie holding system... Or maybe even a Tom Bihn tie case that can hold several (4-5?) ties and attach to the garment bag via o rings on the garment bag

4) can fold in half or thirds and stay that way

This is probably not commercially feasible, but... oh how I would love an Azelea Ego.
    Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

Just got a new iPhone 4S yesterday, along with a Sena Ultraslim pouch. I really like that style of pouch. It's thin, so it doesn't offer lots of protection, but it keeps dust, pocket lint, etc. off the phone. Which got me to thinking... A pouch like that in cork with ultrasuede lining would be awesome.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Wish list item

An ultralight, ultra thin protective over-sack, like the pull-out rain covers on some camera bags. Something that folds up small that one can use to protect the Aeronaut, TriStar, etc. if the unthinkable happens and you're forced to gate check your bag. This would solve the one weak link in the Tom Bihn product line: the very things that make the bags so wonderful to carry on work against them in the baggage compartment (backpack straps, etc.). Honestly, in the years I've traveled with Bihn gear as carry on I've never had to check a piece but the day will probably come and it would be great to have some protection in that event.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0