Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

I'd like to see a Swift with at least one of the zipped pockets completely in Dyneema, ie. not see through.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    ceepee, that's what organizer pouches, clips and o-rings are for. Unlimited, multi-sized Dyneema, Clear, Cordura or Ballistic pockets at your disposal! Just kidding, I get what you are saying. I just had to go there.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

I'm tempted by an Imago and LOOOOVE the Cardinal colour, however, I don't like the hemp at all.

So on my wish list is a Cardinal Imago with... cork (or anything else than hemp). AND a winning lottery ticket

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    RegKnot, they used to be, but earlier this year they limited the offering. Similarly to how other bags color choices change as time goes on, so has the Shop Bag. I'm crossing my fingers for a vibrant green (baby grasshoppers) Dyneema. I think it would Be such a pretty color!
    @dorayme, I can't recall whether the small shop bag came in Iberian. I remember when I asked whether there would be a regular size shop bag in Iberian:
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I wonder when the Iberian Red will make it to the regular size (not just Large) Shop Bag color options, and also whether this is already a color option for the pouches?
    moriond
    Darcy replied that they were thinking of discontinuing the regular size Shop Bag. So I ordered the Large Shop Bag in Iberian. I know that it wasn't offered before the Ultraviolet Dyneema was introduced in January, because I ordered two Ultraviolet Dyneema Shop Bags in the regular size, just based on the description I found up on the web site the day before they made an announcement in the blog. And then I posted in the mid-January teaser thread that Darcy posted about new products coming out on Monday and Tuesday:
    Does this have anything to do with the new ultraviolet Dyneema? I've already ordered a small shop bag in this color, just based on the description (especially since I thought they were thinking of discontinuing the small shop bag size).

moriond
    Sad to say, I can't remember whether the regular size Shop Bags were offered in Iberian. I have this in Solar from earlier times.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsT View Post
    I'm tempted by an Imago and LOOOOVE the Cardinal colour, however, I don't like the hemp at all.

So on my wish list is a Cardinal Imago with... cork (or anything else than hemp). AND a winning lottery ticket
    MrsT, the hemp looks much nicer in person than in the photographs. I had this dilemma when I ordered my Little Swift, since I originally thought I might get it in Cork. (Well, I wouldn't mind another Little Swift in Cork!) I really love the hemp on this bag, and am thinking of swapping my new Imago in Navy/Cork for a Cardinal/Hemp Imago -- but only because I already have an Imago in Hunter Green/Cork already. Otherwise the Navy/Cork would win. But that hempů

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    I'd like to see a Swift with at least one of the zipped pockets completely in Dyneema, ie. not see through.
    @ceepee I still use my Lux (the Swift predecessor -- but with solid color zipped pockets) in those instances where I don't want see through pockets. Like dorayme, I know what you mean, though.

Darcy replied that they were thinking of discontinuing the regular size Shop Bag. So I ordered the Large Shop Bag in Iberian. I know that it wasn't offered before the Ultraviolet Dyneema was introduced in January, because I ordered two Ultraviolet Dyneema Shop Bags in the regular size, just based on the description I found up on the web site the day before they made an announcement in the blog. And then I posted in the mid-January teaser thread that Darcy posted about new products coming out on Monday and Tuesday:

Sad to say, I can't remember whether the regular size Shop Bags were offered in Iberian. I have this in Solar from earlier times.

moriond
    Is "regular" a now discontinued size between small and large? or are you referring to the small one.

I've recently purchased a small shop bag and am getting heaps of use out of it. I would not buy a large one because it would be too heavy for me once filled.
    List under construction ....

MrsT, the hemp looks much nicer in person than in the photographs. I had this dilemma when I ordered my Little Swift, since I originally thought I might get it in Cork. (Well, I wouldn't mind another Little Swift in Cork!) I really love the hemp on this bag, and am thinking of swapping my new Imago in Navy/Cork for a Cardinal/Hemp Imago -- but only because I already have an Imago in Hunter Green/Cork already. Otherwise the Navy/Cork would win. But that hemp…

moriond

I'm sure you're right, moriond. When has TB done anything that doesn't look nice!??

However, looking at it, I just don't like it much, and living in the UK the shipping is too expensive to take the chance...

Insulated Packing cubes

19" 2 Rack unit brain cell and a bag that can carry it

A slightly smaller or different shaped organizer cube to fit in the top front pocket of the brain bag.

A small bag that can connect to the brain cell to make it a better stand-alone bag. I like traveling with the Brain Bag as a carryon, and the Brain Cell as my personal bag, but on its own the Brain Cell doesn't hold as much stuff as I'd like, and you can't zip any of the pockets closed.

The Cardinal / Hemp is a stunning combination. The dark in the weave works beautifully with the Cardinal. I also like the weight of the Hemp with the ballistic. Of course, I have an Olive Cordura / Cork Imago too...
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Given that it's the beginning of the school year I want to reiterate my request (begging?) for a children's line. Nothing too extenstive, just the basics. But here in NYC, it's crazy how much stuff these kids need to carry--and I'm just talking about the little guys. My Kindergartner is loaded down some days. And the typical "little kid" backpack is, how to put it...condescending. Covered in cartoons and all sorts of nonsense. Or they can be cute, but very short on design. What I'm looking for is a kid's line with the Bihn attention to detail. Some possible items:

- Backpack - I think it would need to be a max of 15" in length and would need 2 straps (not a sling). A removable wet pocket would be cool for swim trunks and, er, accidents. Also, a cell phone pouch built in. So many kids have them, but there are also so many rules about stowing them during school day.
    - Lunch bag - great for adults too, just a smaller version for kids.
    - The ability to personalize or otherwise permanently (but nicely) label this stuff would be great, too. Or an area to write "If lost, etc."
    - Emergency whistle to include in backpack.

Also, would it be possible to make a dyneema poncho that is very water resistant if not waterproof? I think that would be cool.
    -
    -
    dorayme and jaon like this.

I would so love a black/black ballistic Little Swift!
    RegKnot and TXGirl like this.
    --------
    Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Co-Pilot, Super Ego, Ego, Imago, Swifts (both sizes), Citizen Canines, Shop Bags (both sizes), Cache (iPad mini), Side Effects, Snake Charmer, Organizer Cubes, Kit, Lights, Packing Cubes, Stuff Sacks, Organizer Pouches, Travel Trays.

Quote Originally Posted by doornum3 View Post
    I would so love a black/black ballistic Little Swift!
    And a Steel/Steel Ballistic Little Swift too!

Quote Originally Posted by BagMonkey View Post
    Also, would it be possible to make a dyneema poncho that is very water resistant if not waterproof? I think that would be cool.
    Oooh, I'd like one of those!

Audrey
    jaon likes this.

A couple of months ago, someone wished for a smaller Synapse. I'd kind of like an upsized Synapse, large enough to hold a 15.4" MBP but with the same aesthetics. The Brain Bag is way too much for my needs but my current bag has dinky little side pockets that do not hold water bottles with anything approaching aptitude.

I'd also like to see more packs in ballistic fabric and with padded mesh contours near your back.

Ooh, and a dog backpack for hiking.

And while I'm wishing, I'd also like a Dyneema pony. Solar.
    Just and MsMoon like this.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0