Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    - A larger Packing Cube shoulder bag. Either a double-wide (thicker), or deeper. I have both the Packing Cube backpack (for WF/TS) and shoulder bag, and I would love to see something in between there, also in shoulder bag format.
    I'm quoting myself. lol.

Just wanted to mention that what I had in mind was something like a shoulder bag format for the large packing cubes (the ones that are more square-ish).
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    The tippy top of my wishlist for 2011 is a Western Flyer with Ultraviolet Dyneema interior and a preference for black exterior over steel. It's coming to the Tristar but we've already got one of those in a different color combination (it rocks). The feverish anticipation is mounting by the week!
    I went for the steel/ultraviolet, thus ending my two-month-long obsession with obtaining one of these. It's in transit. Yes!

Little Swift improvement

I love my cork little swift, and use it as an everyday purse. I know this is minor, but I'd love to see the addition of a slot of some sort for a pen or two. I usually want to grab one quickly, and find I'm frustrated to have to unzip one of the side pouches and fumble around for the pen. At least they're clear, so that helps a lot. Another thing I'd recommend is changing the button closure to a magnetic one. I usually don't bother buttoning up the bag since it takes a little effort. Hmm...makes me sound pretty lazy, doesn't it? Those two changes would be great improvements on an already awesome bag!

I'd love to see a smaller version of the Aeronaut; somewhere between the Tri-Star and Western Flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by dgrls View Post
    I know this is minor, but I'd love to see the addition of a slot of some sort for a pen or two. I usually want to grab one quickly, and find I'm frustrated to have to unzip one of the side pouches and fumble around for the pen.
    Have you tried sticking your pen(s) into one of the side slash pockets formed by the overlap of the side bag panels? There should be plenty of room, and if the pen has a clip on it, it should slide right over the upper edge of the slash. To see these pockets demonstrated for the full sized swift check out indigodragonfly's flickr pics here.

as for the magnetic closure, that would be nice. I think the button tab beomces easier/loosens with use though. I can fasten mine with one hand now.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Have you tried sticking your pen(s) into one of the side slash pockets formed by the overlap of the side bag panels? .
    Thanks, dorayme. I'd never thought to use these little "pockets" until now!
    dorayme likes this.

I'm in with the smaller Aeronaut crowd. Perhaps a Tristar sized Aeronaut.

Great thread. Here are some thoughts.

• Beach/pool bag - something very water resistant with internal pockets that zip with the awesome Bihn seal. An insulated pocket for keeping something cold or warm would be welcome, too. As would a "wet" pocket for a bathing suit. The list goes on, but basically something specifically designed for taking stuff to the beach or pool, including electronics and valuables.
    • Slim briefcase - love this idea posed by others. I'd want something very simple on the outside. This could be the Bihn Business Bag. I love TB bags, but a slim briefcase that is very much at home in a serious business setting would be a great addition. TB briefcases are still a bit business casual, so it would be nice to have this option instead of the ubiquitous Tumi.
    • O-Rings on the clear 3/4 packing cube.
    • Some way to retrofit O-rings into other bags so that we could use our various TB pouches with them.
    • Gym bag
    • ALICE style adjustable straps (like the Red Oxx shoulder straps on their backpacks--awesome).
    • Heavily padded packing cube for delicate items.

What I'd like to see:

A Child Travel Bag
    Since many of us here prefer to travel light, we'd also like to instill that virtue in our kids (and make them shlep their own stuff when their old enough!) THe standard book backpacks they use for school are fine for carrying their personal items they'll use on the plane but they don't work well for clothes AND toys. Granted, most parents for younger children (5-8) will need to carry some of their stuff. But a very lightweight child size bag (back pack) that is designed with a separate sections for clothes and another for toys/crayons/coloring paper. But not too uber organized--most younger kids aren't that organized. Maybe something to attach their stuffed animal or doll to the outside of the pack (would take up too much space inside the bag). I don't have it thought through of course. But I haven't found much for kids that isn't a school or hiking type backpack or wheeled luggage (ill conceived, with Disney characters or bubblegum colors they'll outgrow, bubblebum). You'd need backpack straps like the tristar or aeronaut that could be hidden, with handles on the side and ends so that parents could grab it if their child got tired. Lightweight is key and different sizes to accommodate various stages of growth (see LLBEan kids backpacks).

Colors!

Some of the colors of travel bags are rather boring. Granted, you have to cater to the masculine business crowd who needs black or gray. But indigo and crimson in my mind are way too loud (too Lands End...sorry!) The colors you have for the Imago and Swift(s) are great: rich, earth tones with some bright plum, wasabi, kiwi thrown in. The cork is a nice touch too here and there. I love the Tristar, will probably get it, but at $255 (the bag will live longer than I will!) the colors are just holding me back. Just a thought!

Super Moderator
    An idea that struck me last night: The Ristretto Flyer.

That is, a bag with the checkpoint-friendly tri-fold of the Checkpoint Flyer, but a) slightly smaller and b) in portrait rather than landscape orientation -- sized just a big bigger than needed to hold a small laptop in the padded section. (Think: big enough for a 12" laptop, or 13" in a pinch, and luxurious for a tablet, or a tablet with keyboard, like this one -- ASUS EeePad Transformer review | Android Central)

timothy

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    What I'd like to see:

Colors!

Some of the colors of travel bags are rather boring. Granted, you have to cater to the masculine business crowd who needs black or gray. But indigo and crimson in my mind are way too loud (too Lands End...sorry!) The colors you have for the Imago and Swift(s) are great: rich, earth tones with some bright plum, wasabi, kiwi thrown in. The cork is a nice touch too here and there. I love the Tristar, will probably get it, but at $255 (the bag will live longer than I will!) the colors are just holding me back. Just a thought!
    +1 for the travel bag colours... I'm sitting on my hands waiting for a western flyer (or maybe a 'euronaut'!) in navy with a vibrant lining - solar or iberian ... u/v even... anything but grey, oops steel :-)

should note however that I like the muted tones of the new forum 'skin' ... very restful.
    List under construction ....

I like grey and black, I know they can be rather boring. Yet I cannot help but drool at the cheerful brighter colours. However, to not stand out too much when I travel - I'll keep the colours on the inside (liners, accessories).

Great idea for kid friendly sized backpacks etc. Not with typical Disney-esque designs, but something they can grow into in both senses.

A Pouch, 3D Cube and/or a Clear Quarter Organizer Cube to house extra FJN blank paper or artwork or field work data or past months calendars or past travel journals...

I also would love Pouches which are punched and fit inside the rings of the FJN to store various things

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    +1 for the travel bag colours...
    What about tie dyed multi color? Why make us choose an outside color and an inside color? We choose all colors!

I'd love to see a clear organizer pocket in 9x12 so I could put 8.5 x 11 paper in it without folding/crinkling.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0