Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

Two wishes on my list right now:
    1. A smaller, easy-to-get around-Europe/Asia Aeronaut, and
    2. A top closure for the open back pocket of the Co-Pilot. I'd prefer a full-length zipper. I've noticed that the back pocket doesn't stay flush with the bag when I'm not using the back pocket. I'd like a zipper so that I can put items in the pocket and not be concerned that they fall out either!
    I have an Aeronaut (Black/Iberian), Brain Bag (Black/Steel) Smart Alec (Black/Black/Steel), 2 Cadets for iPad (Black/Steel) and (Steel/Solar), 2 Co-Pilots (Steel/Solar) and (Black/Steel), Imago (Black/Black/Steel), plus a Vertical Brain Cell, Vertical Freudian Slip, Packing Cubes, Organizer Pouches, 2 RFID Blocking Passport Pouches, iPad Cache, Snake Charmer, Organizer Wallet, and plethora of other accessories! Man,what does it take to get on the FOT list?

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    More bags/accessories in Ultrasuede & Dyneema :-)

And, of course, the Camera Insert.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    A suggestion for the actual website: photos or even diagrams of the bags in relation to size. For example - pictures of people (with their height listed) with the bags. Or for similar style bags - comparison photos together. Example - the three sizes of the cafe bags, the Tri-Star compared to the Western Flyer.
    This is one thing I really wish I could see. The photo examples at Zappos.com for shoes are great, as are photo examples at EBags.com. The only druther at Zappos is that they don't show someone wearing the shoes, but they do something like that at EBags, where you can see how a bag sits against a person. Timbuk2 actually does that; in fact, they have TWO photos; one showing a guy carrying a bag, and another by a woman. It's often startling how different the same bag will look when shown this way.

The casually posed customer-submitted photos are often helpful, but what I have in mind are more technical in nature. I'd like a person carrying a bag so I can see how large it looks on a person... and if I could generally get a similar post and a similarly built model, that would help a lot. And I'm talking "average"--so not a 6-foot-tall 100-pound Swedish model, but a 5'4" American woman who wears size 8 or 10 or whatever the American average is. Same with guys (what, 5'10" or something?). That would be awesome beyond words.

A lot of times, it's hard to show context and a sense of size... even just a hand in some of the photos would help in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    C. Packing cube backpack in more colors
    This would be nice.

Tops on my wish list is more models in Dyneema. The regular fabric is awesome, but I would LOVE to see a Dyneema-constructed travel pack, like a Western Flier or even a Tri-Star. Maybe there isn't enough structural integrity, but Dyneema is so much lighter that it would be a HUGE plus for anyone needing to travel with a carry-on on those European carriers that are so finicky about carry-on weight and not just dimensions.

I would also love to see two other products:

- A Side Effect in Dyneema (or a smaller Packing Cube, like the size of a clear Organizer Cube, but in Dyneema).

- A larger Packing Cube shoulder bag. Either a double-wide (thicker), or deeper. I have both the Packing Cube backpack (for WF/TS) and shoulder bag, and I would love to see something in between there, also in shoulder bag format.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

You give me just a wee little taste and leave me wanting more!

I'm sure this has been already said, but I need more ultrasuede on actual bags. The F.O.T. Pouch is relatively small, but just enough of a taste of this luxurious fabric to make me lust for more. Please Tom, PLEASE, bring us more bags in the ultrasuede fabric!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Hello everyone--what a delightful forum this is.

This is my first post, but I have been looking at Tom Bihn bags over the last year. I fell for the indigo WF and finally took the plunge--too late.

So my first wish, as I know indigo is out, is another color for the WF--though now I may wait for the Euronaut!

Second would be the addition of a wheeled TB luggage line. There are some trips where wheeled luggage makes sense for me, others where it does not. I saw an fleaBay listing last week from a woman selling her TB that she loved because it was too heavy when packed to be practical for her.

cheers

Hi, Brasil. Welcome to the forums.

Don't get your hopes up for wheeled luggage; this has been discussed and dismissed in various posts. The main problems are added weight and reduced interior space. People have suggested luggage carts instead.

Euronaut is a great name.

thanks gmanedit.
    Last edited by Brasil; 04-09-2011 at 02:42 AM. Reason: content

Now that I have a good little stash of key straps and accessories, I find myself wishing for larger, unattached o-rings. If the o-rings attached to bags are about .5" long (guessing, not measuring) then the same type of ring, but twice as big, and sold in packs of 3 or 5 or so would be perfect.

I'm imagining that you'd clip one end of a key strap to the o-ring in the bag, then a big ring to the other end, then several pouches to the big ring. This would allow you to flip through the pouches to easily get to the one you want. (I find clipping two pouches to the end of one key strap is a tight fit.)

Seeing the Brain Bag in navy on the blog, I'm hoping one of the new Tri-Star colors will be navy.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Now that I have a good little stash of key straps and accessories, I find myself wishing for larger, unattached o-rings. If the o-rings attached to bags are about .5" long (guessing, not measuring) then the same type of ring, but twice as big, and sold in packs of 3 or 5 or so would be perfect.

I'm imagining that you'd clip one end of a key strap to the o-ring in the bag, then a big ring to the other end, then several pouches to the big ring. This would allow you to flip through the pouches to easily get to the one you want. (I find clipping two pouches to the end of one key strap is a tight fit.)
    I put a post about exactly this a day or two ago. I use a key strap (long or short) with a split ring, like you'd find on a key fob, about 3/4" or so, and attach up to about four pouches to it. I only do it in my Aeronaut end pockets as I can have up to about 10 or 12 of them plus my clear cube with my liquids, keys etc. In there. Individual key straps (though I do have about 10) would just be too complicated. I do agree though a nice black closed ring would be neater.

Now that you mention it, I believe a remember that post. I would like the rings to match, though. I like all of my accessories to go together, and I like them to match my tote or purse, and I like my tote or purse to match my clothes.

Now that I pause to think about it, that's probably why I have so many bags. I do swap with my sister every once in a while, so ones that fall out of favor get new life in her home.

Now that I pause to think about it, that's probably why I have so many bags. I do swap with my sister every once in a while, so ones that fall out of favor get new life in her home.
    can I be your sister???
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Now that you mention it, I believe a remember that post. I would like the rings to match, though. I like all of my accessories to go together, and I like them to match my tote or purse, and I like my tote or purse to match my clothes.

I also match my Tom Bihn bags to my outfits.

Ultraviolet and Conifer are the perfect match to my Purple/Mauve and Teal/Cool Green outfits.

Some years ago, I managed to snag a gorgeous Storm Small Cafe Bag, perfect for match to the array of blues and blue grays of summer sky colors.

Last year, I got a bought most of my favorite bags in Punch to match my pink wardrobe.

The complementary color for most of them is Steel and I do have a Steel Brain Bag and Kit.

Steel in Cordura and Ballistic is reflective, it picks up the color of clothes, other bags and looks different in various light.

The picture that portrait that color with the most accuracy is the fairly new picture of the Co-Pilot in Steel/Ultraviolet.

http://www.tombihn.com/blogimages/copilotuvblog.jpg

+1 for the bigger O-rings, I use spare key rings for the purpose but they are metal and I am always afraid they would get caught on something.

I even tried plastic O-rings for fabric but there were too wide to fit the Key Strap clip.

I hope Lee, the person in charge of Tom Bihn hardware can find big O-rings to add to our Key Straps.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-09-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    can I be your sister???
    Of course you can! :-)

ps. That means I get some of your bags, too, you know. ;-)
    Last edited by Janine; 04-09-2011 at 07:34 PM.

My next bag will be a Medium Café Bag or comparable Ristretto. I'll probably start with a Black/Steel and customize it ( unless Tom can sell me a custom job ) I really want the overflap in something like Faux Black Ostrich, lining in steel ultrasuede and outside bottom panel in either real Stingray or SuperFabric. Plus its time that cork was joined by some faux fur panels !!!! It's a revolution in the making. Still love ballistic nylon but it's time for some faux skins. Time to show more flesh . LOL!
    This haute Tom Bhin line product will join my current workhorses....
    Aeronaut in Red (can't wait to update that picture Darcy....) This baby has done 30 air trips so far and still looks showroom new.
    SuperEgo in Blk - When Aeronaut has been purloined by my housemate
    ID bag -Blk - HD field Monitor bag
    Large Café - Blk - Grab & Go HD video reporter kit
    The heroes- 20 or so packing cubes and pouches.
    Last edited by Zephyrnoid; 04-10-2011 at 11:05 PM.

I second MtnMan's call for a TB-centric Suit-sleeve specifically for the Aeronaut.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0