Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pw1224 View Post
    I would love to order some padded organizer pouches in colors other than gray. Right now, I have my cell phone on one side and my iPod on the other side... It would be great to have some different colors to help me differentiate gadgets.
    Padded Organizer Pouches are now available in Black instead of Charcoal. We'll likely only ever make them in Black -- because the exterior fabric is specially laminated to the foam padding for us, it must be purchased in quantities large enough that multiple colors isn't an option at this point.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Padded Organizer Pouches are now available in Black instead of Charcoal. We'll likely only ever make them in Black -- because the exterior fabric is specially laminated to the foam padding for us, it must be purchased in quantities large enough that multiple colors isn't an option at this point.
    I have some padded pouches that you made in Platinum -- a light, silvery sort of gray that was very nice. I also have some in black and some in charcoal, but I think that if you only do one color, it probably should be black.

moriond

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I have some padded pouches that you made in Platinum -- a light, silvery sort of gray that was very nice. I also have some in black and some in charcoal, but I think that if you only do one color, it probably should be black.

moriond
    I agree. I've some charcoal and some black, and black is definitely my choice too. Also, I've two Ristrettos, one with a charcoal 'cache' and the other in black. Again I like the black much better.

Eric

Black counts as another color!!! I appreciate the heads up AND the choice!

Thank you!

I just thought of something to color code the Padded Pouches, different Color Key Straps and the Luggage Tag, not only in its current size but in half and quarter size.

The back of the quarter size Luggage/Pouch Tag could show the logo plane and/or the car sticker design.

The Luggage Tag is made of strong material and can be labeled in the back.

It would come really handy for the blogger with so many phones and for everybody else carrying essential but fragile electronic.

Honestly, I'd love to see some new colors for the Imago.

I keep hovering back and forth between ordering the Olive/Cork/Steel, waiting for Black/Black/Steel to come back or go with something like Steel/Cork/Wasabi. However, I'm not sure how keen I am on the Cork, to be honest. I'd love to see something such as Black/Black/Olive or Black/Indigo's replacement/Steel to go with my Swift. I think for now I might just get a Cache and use it with my Swift until I decide on pulling the trigger on the Imago.

Edit: Or, the point might be moot anyhow, because I'm this close to pulling the trigger on a Synpase rather than a messenger-style bag. ^_~
    Last edited by DQBunny; 03-16-2011 at 02:38 AM.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Aeronaut exterior color request: Kelly or Conifer! And if those colors aren't available, try Brown / Olive. (Solar interior)
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Different colors for padded pouch gets my vote as well, but instead of the padding color, but why not just color code the binding, rather than the entire pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Seesul View Post
    Different colors for padded pouch gets my vote as well, but instead of the padding color, but why not just color code the binding, rather than the entire pouch.
    Brilliant and simple. What a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Brilliant and simple. What a great idea!
    Thanks!

I had another thought, if the straps matched up to the binding, then it would be easy to fish out as well.

I do think you'll be seeing more Ultrasuede this year!
    Great.
    I miss this forum. Just that with 35 forums now plus GearNinja.com, been really busy!
    Hugs all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrnoid View Post
    Great.
    I miss this forum. Just that with 35 forums now plus GearNinja.com, been really busy!
    Hugs all.
    35 forums?! GearNinja is looking awesome!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Seesul View Post
    Hey! That was supposed to be a surprise! We've thought of doing this for a while, but there are so many "big" bags in development and the factory is so busy making current styles that we haven't yet had time to create Padded Pouches with color binding (it would be 500d Cordura colors -- Wasabi, Cayenne) but maybe soon!

Suit / dress shirt options

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post

1: As mentioned in a previous thread and in a Maverick video, I would like to see the rumored Tom Bihn Garment Sleeve. In short, I would like an elegant, high-quality way to carry a full suit with sport coat in an Aeronaut or Tri-Star without having to rely on aftermarket accessories from other companies.

7: Also: I wonder if Tom Bihn could design a carry-on-capable suit travel bag to directly compete with the Patagonia MLC Burrito.

I travel with a sportcoat or suit and dress shirts. The Eagle Creek folders are so darn heavy, and really don't work with a suit. I've tried bundle packing, and that doesn't really do well.

Would love to see some options that would work with other bags, like Tri-Star and larger.

The top item on my wish list is the smaller Aeronaut.

The top items on my list that already exist are the Field Journal (plum) and the Co-Pilot (steel/ ultraviolet.)

My next two purchases will be stuff sacks in Solar and Ultraviolet.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0