Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Get them before they're gone!

Darn, I wanted a Western Flyer to match my Aeronaut. :-(

Wow—no blue, no red. Feels like a death in the family.

I can't image what could replace them.

(Oh yes I can.

(Purple.)

I feel like you retired both of my jerseys in the last fortnight. So in future, I'll proudly inform anyone who asks that 'It's a Tom Bihn. You too can own one, but not in this phenomenal colour.'

From the decision to keep the 'corporate' colours over those with flair, I assume that Black and Steel are the perennial sellers. However, with the introduction of Iberian and Ultraviolet people want bright interiors to contrast the more conservative exteriors. I'm curious what the next couple of months will bring.

Wow! No more crimson? It's a fabulous color--distinctive and visible, yet low-key (there's a depth to Tom Bihn crimson that I haven't seen in other manufacturers). I bought a Western Flyer in Crimson so it would stand out from all the black bags (e.g., when the flight attendant moves bags between bins). And it works so well with my Iberian packing cube. They're very different shades of red, but they don't clash.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

crimson and Iberian

I had the same sentiment on the two colors not clashing with my Crimson key strap and Iberian large Stuff Sack, they are different, but complement eachother nicely.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Arg! Arg! I was about to order an Aeronaut and now I know that I couldn't get a matching Checkpoint Flyer later? Gah! Guess I'll be holding out. I'm sure you all know not everyone is living the gray and black life.
    Last edited by Sera; 03-08-2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Spelling mudge

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The Tri-Star in Indigo/Solar is back in-stock. This is the last time it will be available, and we don't have many, so order soon if you'd like one.

Don't worry: colors like Indigo are leaving to make way for new colors that we hope to introduce soon.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Don't worry: colors like Indigo are leaving to make way for new colors that we hope to introduce soon.
    I lament the loss of Crimson, but having been around the block with Tom Bihn retirements before, I trust that the new stuff will be really awesome.

This just underlines what I have observed in the past: don't hesitate to buy a Bag/Color combo that grabs you. They don't stay around forever.

Perhaps in the future there might be limited runs of classic bags, bags discussed in the forums, that have a built in appeal? Like for example... (you know it's coming) the classic Steel/Steel/Cayenne Imago.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hey guys,

With everything we have in the works right now (lots of cool new things and updates!) we don't have the woman or man power to make sure we post an update every time a bag or color is being retired. I hope that's understandable. We're busy right now because, in large part, we strive to offer you many different colors, designs, and options (because we like that too!) When we're finished with some of the big projects we're working on and have added more staff, we'll try this again. I'll temporarily close this thread in a few days.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    finally! fluorescent pink ballistic nylon!!! ?

OK maybe not fluorescent. But maybe a mauve would be awesome. Actually, violet would be great, too.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0