Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Get them before they're gone!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    maverick! Did you sneak into our offices and look at the new fabric samples? How'd you know!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    maverick! Did you sneak into our offices and look at the new fabric samples? How'd you know!
    nah - FPBN just seems like an obvious choice!

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Oh dear! My wife is already telling me I must be gay, because of my bag and shoe collections ... this would seal it once and for all! Oh well, if I am, I am!

Eric

Eric,

You're not gay, you're just very secure in your masculinity. :-)

Larry

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryA View Post
    Eric,

You're not gay, you're just very secure in your masculinity. :-)

Larry
    Thanks for the vote of confidence ... I'll tell my wife, she'll be very relieved ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    finally! fluorescent pink ballistic nylon!!! ?
    Whoa there!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    finally! fluorescent pink ballistic nylon!!! ?
    Now there! I love pink but fluorescent ballistic? Noooooooo

It's the 1050d ballistic nylon that is no longer. No hints as to what will replace it -- you'll have to wait and see!
    Hopefully we will know before all the Indigo Tri-Stars are gone!

Audrey

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    It's the 1050d ballistic nylon that is no longer. No hints as to what will replace it -- you'll have to wait and see!
    Hopefully we will know before all the Indigo Tri-Stars are gone!

Audrey
    You just have to have faith that the new color will be great. It's not as though your current Indigo Tri-Star is likely to wear out, although I imagine I could be seriously bummed out if the bag got lost or stolen and I couldn't replace the color. (But in the meantime, I did order once of the Swifts in Indigo/Black ballistic nylon before they disaapper -- even though I still also use my Crimson Lux, which is the version that preceded the Swift.)

moriond

This thread got me to act after 18 months of deliberation. In January last year, when I ordered my Tri-Star for an imminent travel need, the only colour available was Crimson. The bag is great, but my selection would have been different if Indigo had been in stock at the time.

Within minutes of reading Darcy's post that Indigo was being discontinued I snapped up an Aeronaut in that colour. Less than 24 hours later it was gone from the options on the Aeronaut page. I missed the all-dyneema Steel/Solar Synapse when it was discontinued last spring, so I knew I had to act fast to snag one of the last Indigo Aeronauts. It will arrive tomorrow and I can't wait.

Again, this thread is invaluable if you've been on the fence like me, or if you intend a purchase in the near future. Can I suggest that you post discontinuations on the TB Blog, in addition to new product launches and stock availability announcements? If I hadn't been checking the TB Forums I would have missed out. The Blog is available in an RSS feed but I haven't figured out how to do the same with the Forums.

Whew! You know how I hate being discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    You just have to have faith that the new color will be great. It's not as though your current Indigo Tri-Star is likely to wear out, although I imagine I could be seriously bummed out if the bag got lost or stolen and I couldn't replace the color. (But in the meantime, I did order once of the Swifts in Indigo/Black ballistic nylon before they disaapper -- even though I still also use my Crimson Lux, which is the version that preceded the Swift.)

moriond
    I am thinking of ordering an Indigo/Black Swift because I have and love yarn in the blue family but I already have a Sapphire/Black Swift and 3 others Swifts plus a Grape Lux.

And as a I do needlework, I need to use a bigger bag (Brain Bag) to store my finished projects before they get framed.

What do you think?
    Last edited by backpack; 02-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by indigo View Post
    Whew! You know how I hate being discontinued.
    That's pretty funny.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

1050d ballistic nylon news: in addition to Indigo, Crimson will be retiring. That leaves us with Steel and Black -- until the new color(s) make their debut in the next couple of months.

Volunteer Moderator
    1050d ballistic nylon news: in addition to Indigo, Crimson will be retiring. That leaves us with Steel and Black -- until the new color(s) make their debut in the next couple of months.
    Wow! That hits a lot of bags: Checkpoint Flyer, Superego, Ego, Zephyr, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, Aeronaut, Swift, Co-Pilot, Smart Alec, ID Bag,and Kit. And the color is already gone for others.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 02-17-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Added Smart Alec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0