Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcgeehan8 View Post
    Does anyone know if this bottle will fit in the middle section of the copilot? Thanks!
    The 16oz version of the Lifefactory bottle - available in late November/early December - will.
    Last edited by Darcy; 10-31-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Oops! I said 11oz and I meant 16oz.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The 16oz version of the Lifefactory bottle - available in late November/early December - will.
    So I've placed my pre-order for the 16oz Lifefactory bottle in royal purple. I realized when pictures of the Lifefactory proudcts first appeared that I'd seen these before -- they sell the Lifefactory baby bottles locally. There's also a YouTube video (on the same page as Tom's video) of the Lifefactory baby bottles going from the refigerator to boiling water.

moriond

Great color choice!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Just got my 22oz Lifefactory bottle in midnight blue - very nice looking and I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Volunteer Moderator
    Just got my 16oz Lifefactory bottle in royal purple. A nice size/weight alternative to its bigger 22oz brother in midnight blue, and one that will fit into my Co-Pilot! The height from base to top of the cap (not including the arc of the handle) just matches the height of my Cache for iPad/Netbook at 7.6". Looking forward to using this.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by leftistelf View Post
    I'm really having a hard time with this.
    For the past couple of years, I have been using a vacuum insulated stainless steel thermos beverage mug. Half inch drink opening and single handed operation unless you take off the entire top to refill. The particular item I had was never listed on any website, including their own, and may have been a special order for Target. But as this week I have somehow lost (gasp!) it, so I have been browsing their site again. They now offer, and lists, a new, comparable mug to the one me and my wife love, but it includes the modifications we made to ours!

This would be a great alternative to anybody who is hesitant about the Lifefactory glass bottle. I have not gotten a new one yet as I'm still hoping to find my old one but most of the 5 star reviews are how I would review my 'lost' one. Lookup the "Thermos E40600". 22 oz, Vacuum insulated, stainless steel, 1.2 pounds, rubber base. Put ice water in it today, and you will have ice water still in it tomorrow. Hot coffee in the morning is nice and warm in the afternoon. My 'lost' mug worked wonders on a cruise ship when I carried it around for hours without having to replenish the ice or end up with watered down mixed drinks. Note that this IS A MUG and the top is not a cup/bowl for soup.

I have both sizes of Tom's bottle and it's great! Much better than my experience with Kleen Canteen. The Kleen Canteen had exterminating fluid leaking into my water from the cap. Creepy and potentially deadly. No such worries with Tom's approved design. I still have the deadly Kleen Canteen. Any suggestions on what to do with it?
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

I never thought those beverage bottles with 'special' coatings were a good idea. Some say not to use them for hot liquids or acidic liquids. All it takes is one person in the house who never read the warning to use it wrong and destroy it, unknown to all other future users of it. Those issues do not exist with stainless steel or glass.

I got a Sigg 0.4L Stainless Flask for my Ristretto, and it fits the front pocket perfectly. I'd want something bigger for a long hike, but around town it's plenty adequate.

I think it's a discontinued product, but it's on sale at the Sigg site right now, so if you want one you should grab it while it's available. I bought a spare, just in case. :-)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0