Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    What water are you guys drinking? Here in NYC, the water is chlorinated and tastes it.

Volunteer Moderator
    Sorry, I live in Hawaii...

Well... I need to stay hydrated, I already own 3 spill proof and insulated stainless steel big traveling cups.

But this summer, while driving in 100 degree weather, I drank juice either in the insulated traveling cups or the original 1 quart bottles.

Glass is better, but who can lug a quart/1 litter bottle in a backpack?
    In the past, I have re-used small glass bottles held in an insulted cloth holder, it's ok in a car but I would not use them on public transportation or on walks.

I would have never thought a portable glass bottle possible.

Tom found the perfect answer.

I don't have little hands or curious paws to worry about.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-12-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    What water are you guys drinking? Here in NYC, the water is chlorinated and tastes it.
    Usually local tap water. However, I have to admit I've been using the water cooler at work a lot more often, after I saw a horrifying post online showing copepods in NYC tap water I've been a little paranoid that they could be in ours (I don't have the equipment to check!!). I had a similar reaction when I saw a photo of a spider in Australia and told myself I would never visit, ever. But now I'm slowly talking myself back into it, I mean..It's not like I'm going to see one of those gigantic (human eating?) spiders right?

I shouldn't be allowed on the internet..

For the record: I never felt like I could get the stainless steel water bottles I have used clean (I can't see in there..) so I've just stopped using them. The glass on the new Life Factory bottles will be great for me because it is easy to clean!

TL;DR: Filtered water because I'm just a little bit crazy.
    Last edited by Katy; 10-12-2010 at 09:33 PM.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Volunteer Moderator
    i'm sorry to hear about the water conditions in nyc. falls church city water (in northern virginia) tastes pretty good.

still, we're planning on putting in a reverse osmosis filter when we move.

I am honestly still undecided about getting this water bottle; I'm not sure I can take much more weight in my Imago on a daily basis, and I have to do a lot of walking with it. I may get the bottle to use at other times - I just don't know yet.

But....you folks at Tom Bihn went and made a video just to answer our concerns about durability and breakage! How cool is that?! And the same for all the videos maverick's made to answer our questions, too! I'm awed. :-)

The hs I went to was ancient, the water would literally run brown out of the tap. We obviously did not drink it.

Cleanliness of water not only comes down to how clean the actual water is but also the pipes it has to run through, so if your house is old and has old pipes then there might be an issue.

Seattle generally speaking has some of the best tap water in the country.

The new bottle is nice, but I will have to stick with my stainless steel ones for now. My bottles go through abuse like that in the video on a near-daily basis (I'm pretty clumsy with things unfortunately - for example, the only cell phones I haven't been able to break meet military specifications for drops, water, sand, etc. I also have a relatively clumsy and active 5-year-old. Glass objects are minimized in our house!). However, I can tell that the Lifefactory bottle will be great for some people.

I really like the addition of the carabiner on the Brain Bag! That would work much better than the way I have been attaching my water bottle to the straps with a carabiner. I'm guessing there won't be a retrofit option for existing Brain Bags?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio bug View Post
    I really like the addition of the carabiner on the Brain Bag! That would work much better than the way I have been attaching my water bottle to the straps with a carabiner. I'm guessing there won't be a retrofit option for existing Brain Bags?
    Alas, no retrofit... we will be putting up all new photos of the Brain Bag soon though.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

New photos? Don't forget one with the bag empty and the cinch straps tightened. Seeing such a picture (off site) persuaded me to buy the Brain Bag—it didn't have to be as big as it could be.

New photos? Don't forget one with the bag empty and the cinch straps tightened. Seeing such a picture (off site) persuaded me to buy the Brain Bag—it didn't have to be as big as it could be.
    It is hard to figure out how roomy the top pocket is, if you could show a typical item that can fit inside it, it would be helpful.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    It is hard to figure out how roomy the top pocket is, if you could show a typical item that can fit inside it, it would be helpful.
    hi backpack,

the top pocket is designed to hold a small organizer pouch.

we'll do a video of the brain bag soon!

Volunteer Moderator
    Been using the water bottle on an almost-daily basis... Loving it so far, and gotten a lot of compliments on it... "Cute bottle!" "That seems very handy!" etc. I guess 22 oz equals a little over half a liter... Very easy to drink from and finish all the water. There's a bit of silicone smell from the silicone sleeve at first, but it goes away after the third day or so. Haven't dropped the full bottle down a flight of stairs yet, but I'm sure that'll eventually happen. So far, it's survived a couple of knocks like a champ.

I received two of these bottles today, along with an ultrasuede screen cloth and a shop bag which I'll use to carry them home.

The packaging is great! The lid of one of the tubes had opened in transit, but the bottle stayed mostly inside and snugly protected in the packaging. Looking forward to washing out the bottles and giving them a try!

Does anyone know if this bottle will fit in the middle section of the copilot? Thanks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0