Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    that looks pretty darned neat!

another option would be to have each bottle personally hand delivered, filled with freshly gathered glacial water! then, packaging becomes a non-issue! ;-)
    We could do that! $500/per bottle. We'll even include a free sticker!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We could do that! $500/per bottle. We'll even include a free sticker!
    $500 is all? i'll take two! tom and you each deliver one! let me know when you're on your way - i'll make tea and scones!

Definitely go for the eco-friendly packaging material! I imagine that everyone would wash their water bottle before using it anyhow. Besides, is plastic and/or styrofoam packaging material really that clean?

Thanks for the feedback. And good point, SusanA - that people will want to wash their bottles before using them anyway. (The water bottle is dishwasher safe - woohoo!)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    that looks pretty darned neat!

another option would be to have each bottle personally hand delivered, filled with freshly gathered glacial water! then, packaging becomes a non-issue! ;-)
    I want glacial water from the Seattle area mountains with the gps location written on a Matterhorn sticker!

The new packaging is amazing!

I think that it can be reused, for fragile things, even for gifts, if embellished with stickers, especially by children.

Such a find, Darcy!

Tom Bihn's team is first class.

Paper dust is fine. I agree with SusanA that no packaging is really clean. Maybe you could include a small printed card with instructions to wash the bottle first and a brief explanation of the new eco-friendly material?

I've already added to an order waiting to ship when the Iberian yarn sacks are ready, but I decided I want Solar sacks,too, after all the chatter over on Ravelry!
    So, just waiting on the water bottle to set up a new order! :-)

keb
    Wow! Glass! That is pretty interesting and very cool looking. Grown-up product though. I can't imagine that surviving a week in my kids' possession!!
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hi, Darcy: this looks really good, but I'm curious - what is the total weight of the bottle and sleeve?

Quote Originally Posted by SusanA View Post
    Hi, Darcy: this looks really good, but I'm curious - what is the total weight of the bottle and sleeve?
    Good question! It's 1lb, 1.4oz

I love that it is glass! Just ordered a red and a blue!
    And, yes, my Solar yarn stuff sacks, as well! :-)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    Wow! Glass! That is pretty interesting and very cool looking. Grown-up product though. I can't imagine that surviving a week in my kids' possession!!
    hi keb,

actually, the glass is pretty darned tough. i think that the silicone sleeve helps to keep the bottle safe. i've managed to drop the bottle - it got a little dirty, but it was nothing that couldn't be washed off. i have even whacked it on the side of my car more than once (yes, i'm a bit clumsy), and neither the bottle nor the car have gotten a scratch as a result.

these are really super bottles!

I totally agree, Maverick!
    I used to carry around an old glass goat milk bottle because I really prefer the pure taste of water from a glass container! It never broke no matter how clumsy I was!
    Don't think I'd trust the glass milk bottles made now, but I definitely have confidence in what Tom Bihn finds for us!

Is Maverick going to make a video showing us how to drink from a water bottle?
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0