Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We should be able to share that list with you later today or tomorrow.
    Yay! Thank you! And once I get mine, I'll take pictures of how it fits in all of my bags.

The Synapse in Conifer/Steel is now available for pre-order.
    Oh....now I'm torn! I was planning on ordering a Navy/Solar Synapse, but now.... Is there no chance of Conifer/Solar?

Would the Ultrasuede Wrap fit on the strap?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Would the Ultrasuede Wrap fit on the strap?
    No, it wouldn't. I think you'll find the FJN Shoulder Strap to be comfortable - it's a very light weight (only 1lb) bag.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator

Conifer is a great color, and maverick's video really shows it well. The Small, Medium, and Large Cafe Bags as well as the Swift are now available for pre-order in Conifer. Let me check on the Synapse: I know we were just about to cut the next batch and we hadn't ordered Conifer... yet.
    Darcy, are there any pouches available yet in Conifer? I'm thinking this would be a great combination with some small cordura organizer pouches, or maybe the wallet. I'm trying to group my orders together. Thanks.

moriond

To further clarify: A5 paper will fit in the FJN, but A5 tabbed file dividers that extend beyond the width of the paper will be a tight squeeze. Also, the ring/hole spacing is entirely different with A5 paper, so you'd have to three-hole-punch it. If you buy A5 paper that has the standard six hole punch, that won't work in the FJN.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    I have a few questions about the FJN and Circa compatibility. I read the website description and viewed the photos. Now it seems I can remove the binder/ring mechanism. What I want to know is can the FJN be adapted as a Notebook sleeve? Can I insert the back cover of a Circa into the binder sleeve and be merrily on my way?
    I think Circa makes 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" inserts (Junior?) that you could use with the FJN - correct? I wouldn't recommend removing the binder/ring mechanism from the Field Journal Notebook and using another system in it... it wasn't designed for that, so it might come off kludgy.

This version of the Field Journal Notebook won't hold A5 paper, but we do anticipate making an A5 version in the future. I'm not sure about A4 - I'll have to ask Tom.
    I shall hold out for the A4 version as long as there's any chance of it existing. A4 would definitely be preferable to A5, and would also have business applications which would make it even more useful - I would use it in the office for meetings and so on, as well as using it in the field.

Conifer is a great color, and maverick's video really shows it well. The Small, Medium, and Large Cafe Bags as well as the Swift are now available for pre-order in Conifer. Let me check on the Synapse: I know we were just about to cut the next batch and we hadn't ordered Conifer... yet.
    The Synapse in Conifer/Steel is now available for pre-order.
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanA View Post
    Oh....now I'm torn! I was planning on ordering a Navy/Solar Synapse, but now.... Is there no chance of Conifer/Solar?
    I already have a Kelly/Steel Synapse which only gets used while travelling - the Solar lining is just too important to me. A Conifer/Solar Synapse would be wonderful. I wouldn't order a Conifer/Steel one, unfortunately. Any chance of a Conifer/Solar? Has anyone ordered a Conifer/Steel one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Darcy, are there any pouches available yet in Conifer? I'm thinking this would be a great combination with some small cordura organizer pouches, or maybe the wallet. I'm trying to group my orders together. Thanks.
    I'd also like these! If we put in a request long in advance can we get these?

Audrey

I checked with Tom on the possibility of an A4 version: he says it would be an entirely different product and, even if he did decide to make it, it wouldn't be for a very, very long time. He said an A5 version is more likely.

We just didn't like Conifer/Solar together - the Conifer has blue undertones, and we felt those worked best with the Steel lining.

I will put in a request for Conifer pouches! But they likely won't be available for 4-6 weeks.

Blue undertones, eh? Conifer/Iberian?

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Blue undertones, eh? Conifer/Iberian?
    We like that, but think it might remind most people of a certain holiday.

We just didn't like Conifer/Solar together - the Conifer has blue undertones, and we felt those worked best with the Steel lining.
    I wondered if that might be the case, thanks for confirming it. I went with the Navy/Solar Synapse and ordered the Conifer FJN - the Navy and Conifer should complement each other, anyhow.

Thanks for all the hard work on the FJN and taking the time to provide answers for all our questions. Just one reason why your company is so great!

Quote Originally Posted by SusanA View Post
    I wondered if that might be the case, thanks for confirming it. I went with the Navy/Solar Synapse and ordered the Conifer FJN - the Navy and Conifer should complement each other, anyhow.

Thanks for all the hard work on the FJN and taking the time to provide answers for all our questions. Just one reason why your company is so great!
    I think Navy and Conifer look amazing together. And thank you, SusanA, and everyone else! We are so fortunate to be able to devote our days to what we're passionate about: making quality bags. It's because of all of you that we get to do what we do.

I think Circa makes 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" inserts (Junior?) that you could use with the FJN - correct? I wouldn't recommend removing the binder/ring mechanism from the Field Journal Notebook and using another system in it... it wasn't designed for that, so it might come off kludgy.
    Will it be possible to buy a spare insert without the binder/ring mechanism?

Quote Originally Posted by ratdeau View Post
    Will it be possible to buy a spare insert without the binder/ring mechanism?
    Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. Is your question is it possible to buy the FJN without the binder/ring mechanism? The answer to that is no: the Field Journal Notebook isn't a notebook cover. It is a notebook.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0