Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    That would be great, Darcy! Just a tweak of the squares!
    I still prefer to design on paper and am more likely to be inspired on a hike with no computer available for many miles!
    Crimson has been ordered! (Thinking of Red Twig Dogwoods when the FJN arrives in December!)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Click here to see a really big close-up photo of the Field Journal Notebook.

Is this kind of photo helpful for everyone? We want to include more photos of this size in the new version of our website.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

A true stylish beauty made in the U.S.A.

So stylish it begs pairing with the Co-Pilot and/or the Little Swift for a girly look.

It is going to look amazing inside any other Tom Bihn bag, everybody is going to want one.

I love the choice of sustainable paper.

It was fun to see Tom writing with one of my fountain pens and Darcy seemed to have borrowed a book from my library.

Well, I am really exited!

It is the first time I have ever seen a $75 item backed by a lifetime warranty.
    Last edited by backpack; 09-28-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnitnSpin View Post
    Crimson has been ordered! (Thinking of Red Twig Dogwoods when the FJN arrives in December!)
    I love the Crimson FJN. Maybe it's just me but this connection comes to mind.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    It was fun to see Tom writing with one of my fountain pens and Darcy seemed to have borrowed a book from my library.
    I thought you might recognize that book as I took that photograph, backpack!

BTW, I just started a new thread about the Field Journal Notebook in the TB Questions forum, to address the inevitable questions about details regarding the new FJN.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Darcy, thanks for that link!
    My mother kept her diaries from 1940-1955 and they were all red leather.
    Wondering now what path my Crimson FJN is bound for? :-)

dzd
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

Is this kind of photo helpful for everyone? We want to include more photos of this size in the new version of our website.
    Love that picture and its high resolution. What TB fan wouldn't want to see more high-res pictures like that??

More, please!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Love that picture and its high resolution. What TB fan wouldn't want to see more high-res pictures like that??

More, please!
    I definitely agree with the above!

Volunteer Moderator
    The product description on the Field Journal Notebook page is a good explanation of everything that has gone into it. Maybe a notebook cover would be $40 - this replaces the notebook entirely. The highly skilled labor that goes into producing the FJN alone is astounding, and seeing how many times Tom sewed the FJN, ripped it apart, and put it back together to make everything crisp and perfect... we put a lot into this bag, and we are proud of it.
    i've been using the field journal notebook the last couple of days. using it, and understanding its intricate design better as i worked on the video, really allowed me to better understand and appreciate the attention to small details that has gone into making the FJN.

this is not your ordinary journal, friends. i can't speak intelligently about the skilled labor that goes into producing the FJN. but i can tell you that journals like this don't just happen. i've used a number of organizers and journals over the years, and this is nothing like any of them. this is one of those journals that you fall in love with and use for the rest of your life and pass on to your grandkids.

my reaction was more so - wow! only $75 for this magnificent journal?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Maverick, one of your wonderful vidoes showing the right to left rotation would be greatly appreciated.
    Happy travels,
    Moose
    i think we can do that!

Volunteer Moderator

hi darcy!

just beautiful, darcy! yes, big pictures are a great help in better understanding the details of the bags. not only that, but they also make for lovely art for use as desktop backgrounds!

Quote Originally Posted by KnitnSpin View Post
    My mother kept her diaries from 1940-1955 and they were all red leather.
    Wondering now what path my Crimson FJN is bound for? :-)
    Proof of the collective unconscious!

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post

More, please!
    Glad you like it! The new website (to debut within the next year) will feature bigger product photos.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    i've been using the field journal notebook the last couple of days. using it, and understanding its intricate design better as i worked on the video, really allowed me to better understand and appreciate the attention to small details that has gone into making the FJN.
    We can't wait to see your video! Not being a pen and paper person myself (until the FJN) it took me a while to fully appreciate it... seeing Tom use his swayed me.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0